Central/Corbin (3A Championship) Updates

swamprat

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

To me right now Central is one big play away.. Corbin better start capitalizing on red zone trips!!

I don't often say this...but that missed pass interference call by the official robbed Corbin of a go-ahead touchdown. That pass would have been an easy reception had Corbin's receiver not literally been tackled by the Central defender. They were maybe 7 or 8 yards immediately in front of the official, and he didn't call anything. It was a really REALLY awful blown call.

I had no idea the Jackets were so one dimensional and the run game doesn't look that strong either.

I'm surprised that they're running so much under-center. Corbin's D-line seems to be doing everything to stop Central up front, so why put your QB right there in harm's way, as it were?

Do the Jackets not run anything out of shotgun?

I don't often say this...but that missed pass interference call by the official robbed Corbin of a go-ahead touchdown. That pass would have been an easy reception had Corbin's receiver not literally been tackled by the Central defender. They were maybe 7 or 8 yards immediately in front of the official, and he didn't call anything. It was a really REALLY awful blown call.

I agree. The Defensive back was beat and just tackled him. I believe he catches that pass. They call pass interference on a ball way over thrown on Centrals first series that he wouldn’t going to catch. But one right in front of the referee and he can’t make that call.

We were talking about this how the 7 man crews aren’t that great down the field. Now the Head Linesman and Line Judge stay on line of scrimmage and help watch the box, leaving the Back Judge with the help of the 2 new spots the field Judge and side Judge. Those 2 new spots aren’t used to working there and don’t have the experience and mechanics and don’t seem to know what they should call or look for/at. In the Fern Creek V South Oldham game it seemed all the calls were in the box and very little called downfield, each team should have been called for pass interference at least once and neither was called.