NKMSAA Basketball Updates/Scores Post Here

Brcatz

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Camp Ernst 6th over IHM

IHM 7th over Camp Ernst in OT.

IHM 8th beat Camp Ernst as well -- I believe that is IHM's first win over a public school in that group ever (I think they went 0-for 6th and 7th grade against their public counterparts). They struggle in the Catholic School League as well, so I'm thrilled for those boys to pick up a win last night! A couple of their kids will be solid contributors at St. Henry for the next 4 years.

12/08

8th Grade

Beechwood 30 @ Ballyshannon 38

Beechwood by 2 at half. Back and forth thru 3rd Quarter. Bally went up in 4th and held on by 8; good game. Bally’s bigs x 3 were not great in the first half but came alive in the 2nd half. Guard Ollier hit 2 x 3’s in the 2nd half and two FT late that we’re clutch. Beechwood was missing their starting PG Berger with an ankle injury. Two quality teams.

Sorry. I didn’t realize this thread was gender specific.

You're right. It really isn't. It's just all boys' talk. There has been little discussion about the girls in another thread.

As for St. Mary's, we play them this weekend in a holiday tournament.

Highlands plays St. Susanna (Mason, OH) in the St. Mary's (Cincinnati) Tournament tomorrow at 8:00 PM at Purcell Marian. St. Susanna goes 6'3", 6'2", 6' across the front line and, according a parent friend of mine from Mason, have simply been mauling people. Will certainly be a great litmus test for the talented Birds' 8th graders.