3A Playoffs: #1 Boyle County at #3 Belfry

zebraman

Who Wins?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

For me, it would make more sense to move the game 30 minutes the other direction to accommodate for fans who have to work Friday.

Totally not trying to get off subject here but..

As someone who spent their life riding on the Mountain Parkway and has had family members killed on it at night, I would much rather leave work an extra 30 minutes earlier when already leaving work early as opposed to riding on that deathtrap of a highway late at night.

There are some stone cold idiots who drive on that road and at night when you mix sleep and possible intoxicants it only gets scarier.

Definitely could see why Boyle asked for the earlier start time.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally not trying to get off subject here but..

As someone who spent their life riding on the Mountain Parkway and has had family members killed on it at night, I would much rather leave work an extra 30 minutes earlier when already leaving work early as opposed to riding on that deathtrap of a highway late at night.

There are some stone cold idiots who drive on that road and at night when you mix sleep and possible intoxicants it only gets scarier.

Definitely could see why Boyle asked for the earlier start time.

I mean, I'm from Salyersville and fully understand the dangers of the Mountain Parkway. When a high school team has to travel 4 hours each way on a Friday, it's really a no win situation. I wish I could make it to the game but that's just too far for me on a Friday.

I mean, I'm from Salyersville and fully understand the dangers of the Mountain Parkway. When a high school team has to travel 4 hours each way on a Friday, it's really a no win situation. I wish I could make it to the game but that's just too far for me on a Friday.

The Regional Finals are tough. I have always said I feel like the Semi-Finals should be held on a neutral site. I hate the KHSAA set up and that a 3-seed team can host a Semi-Final over the #1 overall team simply because it is an even or odd year.

Regional Finals are a little trickier. I tend to be in the same camp as you.

With that said, it could be worse. Down here in Georgia it is not uncommon to see teams have 5.5 hour commutes if not longer when factoring in the Atlanta traffic throughout every round. The bigger programs usually spend the night(s) in a hotel.

I do wish we had more Saturday afternoon games like Virginia does. I dont think much impact at all on collegiate attendances.

I know what they are trying to do, but it also stinks when Boyle County (which would be considered the proverbial No. 1 overall seed) has to play tough road games in both the quarterfinal and semifinal rounds of the state tournament. I know it's just unlucky this season, but that's messed up. They earned the right to host in my opinion.

And, if they played this game on Saturday, I would be there early ready for action.

I know what they are trying to do, but it also stinks when Boyle County (which would be considered the proverbial No. 1 overall seed) has to play tough road games in both the quarterfinal and semifinal rounds of the state tournament. I know it's just unlucky this season, but that's messed up. They earned the right to host in my opinion.

And, if they played this game on Saturday, I would be there early ready for action.

It’s just the way it falls for the Rebels.

That said it is difficult that for the second straight year Boyle faces road tests if they are going to get back to the Finals. Still, someone has to do it.

If Belfry is to win this game they will need to sustain long drives and keep the Boyle offense on the sideline. They had some long scoring drives again Johnson Central the last game of the season. If they are able to do this then they shall come out victorious. But I would love to watch this one Live.

As we draw closer:

- I love this Boyle Offense. It is hard to find a truly balanced HS Offense that is equally adept at running and throwing. Boyle can do both but what impresses me the most is they are not dependent solely on the Big Play.

- To the point above, if I told you one of these teams has ran over 125 more Offensive plays with their starters than the other I would bet most would assume the ground and pound Pirates would be that team. In fact, it is Boyle that holds that distinction. We all know Belfry’s best chance of upset comes with eating the clock and limiting possessions. I would add make Boyle help in this regard. If You can’t stop Boyle from scoring make them use their Offense to further shorten the game with long drives. Stop the big play but make them beat you driving it.

- With that said, it is cliche; but turnovers are worth their weight in gold. Leaving empty possessions are not an option for Belfry as it is, but any turnover is a killer. If Belfry lays it on the turf a few times this could be a running clock. On the other side, the fastest way for Boyle to open the door to a Belfry upset is turning it over and missing a chance to score and possibly setting Belfry up on a short field.

I have been struggling with who will win this game and continue to do so. Initially I said flip a coin and still believe this game is a tossup.

Belfry is a tough football team and even tougher at home. The Pirates showed last week they can play however you want to play and compete.

Boyle County is a great football team. Skilled players all over the field and incredibly balanced. The big questions for Boyle still remain: O-line play and leadership. Has the Boyle offensive front developed enough to keep the Rebels balanced? And does Boyle have the on field leadership to keep this team focused when the going gets tough? And I do believe the going will get tough in this game.

I like my Rebels by a point:

Boyle County 34

Belfry 33

At this point it's just win and advance. Don't care how the game goes as long as we have 1 more point by the time the clock ends.

Last time to Belfry was the infamous Danville playoff game. So, it's been a while since I have been there.

At this point it's just win and advance. Don't care how the game goes as long as we have 1 more point by the time the clock ends.

Last time to Belfry was the infamous Danville playoff game. So, it's been a while since I have been there.

Why did you bring that up?