November 7, 200619 yr I am certainly the furthest thing from a UC defender, but is Kansas St. really in a position to make the following statement about another University? 'Well, K-State's not Cincinnati,' " Wefald says (School President). "We're going to provide a tremendous academic advising operation here ... and our compliance people know all the rules and regulations of the NCAA. And Tim Weiser (Athletic Director) operates from the moral high ground. So we aren't going to have any NCAA violations." Wow. That really struck me as a low-brow statement to make for a President of a state University. Frankly, and one not without their own skeletons. I for one was shocked at its tone. Maybe it was just me. USA Today
November 7, 200619 yr This sounds dumb. They may not be Cincinnati, but there coach is from Cincinnati and I am not sure Kstate, will love all the players he brings through there. Some of them have questionable character to say the least.
November 7, 200619 yr Author This sounds dumb. They may not be Cincinnati, but there coach is from Cincinnati and I am not sure Kstate, will love all the players he brings through there. Some of them have questionable character to say the least. True enough. I think I was more taken aback by the President of Kansas St. inferring (rather directly) that UC's Academic Advisors and Compliance Directors are morons.
November 7, 200619 yr KState should not throw stones.:thumb: I'm feeling a Doyel article on this one... gonna toss him the softball, GT?
November 7, 200619 yr :thumb: I'm feeling a Doyel article on this one... gonna toss him the softball, GT? Nah. I'm hearing SI has a full out smear campagin in place, and they are just waiting for the right time. The Reiley article from a few weeks ago is just the tip of the iceburg. Have fun K State fans...
November 7, 200619 yr True enough. I think I was more taken aback by the President of Kansas St. inferring (rather directly) that UC's Academic Advisors and Compliance Directors are morons. Which is even more funny considering there was only one minor sanction in his 16 years at UC. Go purple!!! :lol:
November 7, 200619 yr Huggins is going to be spreading ecnomic growth in Manhattan, KS with his cast... I hear they are opening their first tattoo parlor and a DEMO :laugh: Might not be Cincinnati, but your not in Kansas anymore!
November 7, 200619 yr Author Very rarely do I read something that stops me in my tracks...but that quote did just that.
November 7, 200619 yr Very rarely do I read something that stops me in my tracks...but that quote did just that. Mine???
November 7, 200619 yr This was also from the article. And I wonder what changes will be made for the new "Huggy rule" that will be coming about in the offseason. But North Carolina State athletics director Lee Fowler, who heads the NCAA's Basketball Issues Committee, says the recruiting loophole he might have exploited likely will come up for discussion. "You would think it crosses the line of ethical behavior," Fowler says, adding he heard of Huggins' activities from the N.C. State staff. "I'm not saying he did it. I'm just saying that somebody who's been in the business a long time, gets out for a year and recruits while he was out knowing he was going to get back in, it seems to me it's not a level playing field by any means."
November 7, 200619 yr Very rarely do I read something that stops me in my tracks...but that quote did just that. I'm with you. I read that twice to make sure I read it correctly.
November 7, 200619 yr This was also from the article. And I wonder what changes will be made for the new "Huggy rule" that will be coming about in the offseason. But North Carolina State athletics director Lee Fowler, who heads the NCAA's Basketball Issues Committee, says the recruiting loophole he might have exploited likely will come up for discussion. "You would think it crosses the line of ethical behavior," Fowler says, adding he heard of Huggins' activities from the N.C. State staff. "I'm not saying he did it. I'm just saying that somebody who's been in the business a long time, gets out for a year and recruits while he was out knowing he was going to get back in, it seems to me it's not a level playing field by any means." How do you prevent it?
November 7, 200619 yr Author Mine??? No, the President's quote hammering a fellow University of higher learning. Low-brow, IMHO.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.