October 30, 20187 yr For a 3rd round pick... Adam Schefter Verified account @AdamSchefter 2m2 minutes ago Detroit is trading WR Golden Tate to the Philadelphia Eagles for a third-round pick, per source.
October 30, 20187 yr I like seeing teams add guys like Tate & D Thomas this late in the season. Must be nice to be in a fanbase that has owners willing to go for it now.
October 30, 20187 yr Hmm. This one surprises me. That's a steep price to pay isn't it? I don't think so. One it fills a need...outside of Jeffrey, Ertz and Agholar, they don't have much at the receiver position. Tate can play outside or the slot, and should help free the others up. Plus the Eagles still do have 2 second round picks in 2019 so they can afford to lose the 3rd round pick they gave up for Tate, as long as they extend his deal.
October 30, 20187 yr A 3rd round pick for a proven 1,000 yard receiver. I think that is worth it. Tate was originally drafted in round 2. Him being 30 is the only negative in the deal. If you think he can be the difference in winning another Super Bowl, is that worth a 3rd round pick? There is a less than 25% chance of drafting a starting player in the 3rd round.
October 30, 20187 yr I'd much rather have him for a 3rd than Cooper for a 1st. Tate for a 3rd or D Thomas for a 4th?
October 30, 20187 yr Tate for a 3rd or D Thomas for a 4th? Probably Tate, I'm a bit down on Thomas at this point in his career. Maybe two years ago.
October 30, 20187 yr I'd much rather have him for a 3rd than Cooper for a 1st. Cooper for a 1st is kinda the yardstick right now.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.