Mercer Co. vs Newport thoughts and predictions...

jrider111

I'm going to have to pick Mercer. However, I think this game will be a battle until late in the 3rd. Newport's going to eat up some clock and keep Mercer's potent offense on the sidelines as much as possible. I'm thinking Mercer wins by 15-20. They just have to much depth for Newport to overcome. Newport's going to have to deal with some distractions in school this week and that will affect some key players.

I'd love to see Newport win, I just don't think it's in the cards this year.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Newport can put together long drives all night then watch out. I think that's a must against Mercer. I don't see no other way they can be beat. Teams cant match point for point. I think thats the key. Keeping their offense on the sidelines. I predicited 35-14 but it could be alot closer. It's the playoffs so you never know.

Mercer Cty should win this game by at least 3 touchdowns and possibly more, There appears to be something of a cloud hanging over things at Newport with the recent arrest of a teacher and the fallout that may come with it.

Wish Newport the best but think this is where the season comes to an end for the Woldcats..

Mercer will blow out Newport IMO.... the first time around the Wildcats kept it respectable and this will give Mercer the opportunity to make a statement to the rest of the state.

IMO, no doubt Mercer should be the favorite to get to the Carpet and win the thing.

UPSET SPECIAL...'Cats use long ball control drives with no turnovers to control clock and shorten the game. D'fense causes multiple TO's that result in superior field position. Wilfong wins it with a trick play...NHS 17- MC 12