Newport 47 Covington Holy Cross 6

Here is a snapshot summary of the game:

Capture.JPG

Additional stats below:

Holy Cross Indians at Newport Wildcats Football on Friday, October 12, 218 1/12/218 7:: PM | Digital Scout live sports scores and stats

On a rainy night in Newport, the Wildcats defeat the Holy Cross Indians 47-6. Newport achieved a running clock midway in the 2nd quarter. QB Kaleal Davis goes 5 for 5 for 86 yards and 3 TDs in the first quarter before being ejected while playing on defense. Numerous personal fouls in the first half created tension on both sidelines. RB Giaunte Jackson had an early 70 yard TD run and finished with 116 yards on 9 attempts. His partner in the backfield Tyler Porter had 4 carries for 103 and 3 TDs. WR Simon Keating had 3 catches (all for touchdowns). For the Indians, Jeremiah Hicks scored late from 9 yards out. Next Friday night, Newport (5-3) plays their neighbor Newport Central Catholic back at Newport Stadium while Holy Cross (0-9) hosts Lloyd at Holmes.

Yikes! So after the whistles I’m assuming?

There was hit on the HC QB near me that was out of bounds with the hit beginning on the yellow line continuing to the running track. I can't confirm if that was Davis or not. Rough game. Four or five personal fouls in first quarter.

There was hit on the HC QB near me that was out of bounds with the hit beginning on the yellow line continuing to the running track. I can't confirm if that was Davis or not. Rough game. Four or five personal fouls in first quarter.

False on the Davis account. Let’s be real about the team who was not playing a clean game.

False on the Davis account. Let’s be real about the team who was not playing a clean game.

Davis was the one ejected. Referees thought it was appropriate. In the first quarter, 3 personal fouls and a flagrant face mask were called on Newport and one personal foul was called on Holy Cross. There was a lot of trash talking both ways and players on both sides losing their cool. There is nothing I said that was not true. You are not going to bait me into a Rule 6 violation.

Davis was the one ejected. Referees thought it was appropriate. In the first quarter, 3 personal fouls and a flagrant face mask were called on Newport and one personal foul was called on Holy Cross. There was a lot of trash talking both ways and players on both sides losing their cool. There is nothing I said that was not true. You are not going to bait me into a Rule 6 violation.

Where was the face mask?

• 4 weeks later...