Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sheray Thomas suspended 3 games!

Featured Replies

....and this is a bad thing? Sheray is terrible, let him sit the whole year.

 

Yeah, I think this might be a blessing in disguise.

I hate to see Thomas get suspended, but it shouldnt be a big problem.

 

One thing I noticed about Sheray at Big Blue Madness is he has toned up well and honestly looks more athletic. That doesnt mean hes going to be much better this year, but I will atleast wait until a few games into the season before I would start bashing Sheray this year

I hate to see Thomas get suspended, but it shouldnt be a big problem.

 

One thing I noticed about Sheray at Big Blue Madness is he has toned up well and honestly looks more athletic. That doesnt mean hes going to be much better this year, but I will atleast wait until a few games into the season before I would start bashing Sheray this year

 

Sheray was better when he was a freshman then he is now. He gets lost on the court, he doesn't have an offensive game, he isn't big enough or quick enough to be a defensive force.

 

He would be a decent role player at best at somewhere like EKU or Georgetown College.

This will give Perry Stevenson and Jared carter more time, especially in the two exhibition games. Thomas needs to be one of the leaders and quit doing dumb things like breaking team rules. He has been there long enough to know better.

Didn't Sherray Thomas have a pretty big injury after his freshman year? Torn abdominals with surgery or something? I don't think he sholuld be written off like he's been in this thread, I think he actually looks like a pretty versatile player.

Didn't Sherray Thomas have a pretty big injury after his freshman year? Torn abdominals with surgery or something? I don't think he sholuld be written off like he's been in this thread, I think he actually looks like a pretty versatile player.

Yes. It was an undiscolsed injury at the time and he lost a lot of weight. He returned for his first action against UL in Freedom Hall and actually gave UK a little boost.

 

Last season Sheray had some solid games, but nothing spectacular. I think he provides solid minutes as a role player.

Didn't Sherray Thomas have a pretty big injury after his freshman year? Torn abdominals with surgery or something? I don't think he sholuld be written off like he's been in this thread, I think he actually looks like a pretty versatile player.

I actually agree. While Sheray hasn't been what everyone has expected of him, he hasnt exactly been in a great situation either. He sat behind Chuck for a couple of years, then had his health problem last year. He hasnt really had the chance to show what he is really capable of. I would reserve judgement on Sheray at this point if I were some people. The guy has had a run of bad luck and hopefully he can get by it and have a good senior year.

Sheray was better when he was a freshman then he is now. He gets lost on the court, he doesn't have an offensive game, he isn't big enough or quick enough to be a defensive force.

 

He would be a decent role player at best at somewhere like EKU or Georgetown College.

Better as a Freshman? He saw the court maybe a couple minutes a game, I would guess.... I think a better evaluation is that Sheray has not progressed like some thought he would. I really thought last season he would be better than he was.
Better as a Freshman? He saw the court maybe a couple minutes a game, I would guess.... I think a better evaluation is that Sheray has not progressed like some thought he would. I really thought last season he would be better than he was.

Remember he was out for a while and lost all that weight. That was not really Sheray you saw last year.

Sheray was better when he was a freshman then he is now. He gets lost on the court, he doesn't have an offensive game, he isn't big enough or quick enough to be a defensive force.

 

He would be a decent role player at best at somewhere like EKU or Georgetown College.

 

I don't think he ever recovered from the surgery that cost him most of last season. He had lost a lot of weight and it really seemed to set him back.

Remember he was out for a while and lost all that weight. That was not really Sheray you saw last year.
I thought that was his Sophmore year? Last season he was there all the time to the best of my knowlege. As I said, did he not return the UL game two seasons ago?
I thought that was his Sophmore year? Last season he was there all the time to the best of my knowlege. As I said, did he not return the UL game two seasons ago?

You are correct. I had a brain fart for a minute there. I dont feel like Sheray was necessarily all the way back last year, and part of that is to blame on the strength coach which isnt a problem now. He did have a decent year for only playing 20 mpg though. 4.3 ppg and 3.5 rpg and he led the team in charges while also adding the 3 point shot to his game at almost a 40 percent clip and shooting about 70 percent on FT's. He's not been amazing, but he hasnt had an easy road either. Sheray will be solid, but not fantastic at a position where we need consistency. The 3-4 guys that will play that position could make for a decent PF.

Didn't Sherray Thomas have a pretty big injury after his freshman year? Torn abdominals with surgery or something? I don't think he sholuld be written off like he's been in this thread, I think he actually looks like a pretty versatile player.

Surgery was for a benign tumor the size of a softball.

Better as a Freshman? He saw the court maybe a couple minutes a game, I would guess.... I think a better evaluation is that Sheray has not progressed like some thought he would. I really thought last season he would be better than he was.

 

Yes, better as a freshman.

 

That is due to missing half of his sophmore year after the surgery. I don't know why Tubby didn't redshirt him, that would have seemed logical to me? He could have regained his strength and put back some weight on his body. Since the surgery, he just looks a step slow. Not only do I question his talent, I question his effort sometimes. He is similar in size to Chuck Hayes, but hasn't come near replacing the void that Hayes left.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.