Top 5 Freshmen in the State?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was looking at all the stats of every player listed on this post... and only one I seen who played back in 2015 was the Rowe Kid. But if I'm correct... The Khsaa rules saids you have to be atleast a 7th grader to play varsity... Now in this class of 2022.... That rule is applied. You should be a 7th grader in the "2016" season...So. I wonder how that happen. It said she only played one game though. I was kind of confused on that... But coming in as a freshmen She has over 500 points, regardless she's straight ballin..But yea, the years I seen that she had played a varsity game, the class of 2022' was only in 6th grade...I'm thinking she must be held back...not sure but thats what I'm thinking happen.

The KHSAA considered basketball a contact sport beginning in the 2015-16 school year so only 7th graders though 12 grade could play on the high school level. Prior to that any grade level could play. If you ever heard of Whitney Creech, Kentucky girls basketball all time leading scorer began playing varsity basketball in the 4th grade. For players already playing varsity and not yet in the 7th grade the KHSAA grandfathered them with properly filed paperwork.

Here’s an interesting article where Rowe is being anointed as Miss Kentucky Basketball 2022. In the article under the “Publicity” section she states that she had her parents hold her back in the 4th grade.

It’s early, but right now this girl looks like your 2

Ohh, I see now.. Thanks for posting that article. I wish her the best of luck... Actually when you start playing at the varsity level , it doesn't really matter if your a held back player or not. Class of 2022' is loaded with talent... I just don't know about predicting she going to win Miss Basketball.. But we will see.

My daughter is a 2024 and I took her to a Bolus camp (don't stone me) a few years ago when Jaya was a 7th grader going into 8th and man she is very impressive up close. Great kid too. I've followed her ever since. Shes also only about 5'4 or was then, and playing young in her class so not held back which is key to evaluate when seeing how they are performing against hs girls. She did play on a weak team playing what I think was a weak schedule but for a kid in 7th to do what she did which was have a few 20 pt nights and play solid, then she is what I thought she was. I always assumed Jaya would be the best player in that class but honestly we haven't seen any others outside of western KY.

Marshall county has some nice looking freshmen girls, one being Dan Langhi's daughter who is probably 6' tall or more. Theres a 6'4" 250 lb girl that played for Graves county but she's consistently in trouble and I believe was removed from the team. Not much that I recall in that class in regard to high level talent in western KY that I can recall.

Edited by Padukacat

Anyone else get any honors last season besides Cotton from Bardstown? She made All district/All Region team .. and is a little under 500 points (441 pts) coming into her freshmen year.

Rowe was honorable mention All State in a vote of the state coaches for the Herald Leader. Don't know of any other frosh who can claim that.

McClure might have been all region.