Highlands 40 Ryle 3

TheDeuce

Long time former member of here and Rivals. Have been silent for sometime but after watching Ryle tonight I decided to start anew and share an opinion.

I have to say that they have major coaching issues.

You have a team with great athletic talent but it is missing leadership and motivation from the top down.

Teams of the past never hung there heads or gave in when it hit the fan. Players didn’t lackadaisically jog off the field in between plays. If a player was a rotation player he stood by the defensive coaches. There was discipline and an expectation to do your job. Discipline starts at the top. There is minimal effort aside from one or two coaches to fire these kids up, to motivate them to perform as a talented team should perform.

The secrets out everyone knows Ryle has QB inconsistencies. As the hyped “QB Guru” I would of expected adjustments to cover these issues by the 4th official game of the season. Yet we are still running shotgun and drop.

Mix it up and use these athlete’s abilities. When you don’t have a standout QB sometimes you have to adjust to the most athletic player you have and run what he can run, even if it isn’t a high powered shotgun attack.

Don’t belittle QBs in front of the stands Coach them up or run something else that fits the skills they have.

And the coaches need to step their game up because if the team fails it’s on you. Motivate the Players! They don’t show excitement or fire as in 19 years around the Raider program I have become used to seeing.

Sincerely a faithful Raider fan

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This year may be Cov Caths last chance for awhile

You have no idea what is coming down the pike for CCH for you to comment on this...their pipeline is stacked grades 9-12. I remember hearing 2 years ago it was CCH's last chance for awhile.

Congrats Highlands on the win.

You have no idea what is coming down the pike for CCH for you to comment on this...their pipeline is stacked grades 9-12. I remember hearing 2 years ago it was CCH's last chance for awhile.

Congrats Highlands on the win.

CovCath has some good football players on the 7th and 8th grade teams also.

Gentlemen, most on this board had this as a toss up game. I did not attend but would say the Birds played well from the score. Congrats Birds but don’t relax you are still the biggest game on everyone’s schedule.

I hope the rest of the schedule takes the Birds lightly.

Congrats Birds! Raiders go win 6A!

Long time former member of here and Rivals. Have been silent for sometime but after watching Ryle tonight I decided to start anew and share an opinion.

I have to say that they have major coaching issues.

You have a team with great athletic talent but it is missing leadership and motivation from the top down.

Teams of the past never hung there heads or gave in when it hit the fan. Players didn’t lackadaisically jog off the field in between plays. If a player was a rotation player he stood by the defensive coaches. There was discipline and an expectation to do your job. Discipline starts at the top. There is minimal effort aside from one or two coaches to fire these kids up, to motivate them to perform as a talented team should perform.

The secrets out everyone knows Ryle has QB inconsistencies. As the hyped “QB Guru” I would of expected adjustments to cover these issues by the 4th official game of the season. Yet we are still running shotgun and drop.

Mix it up and use these athlete’s abilities. When you don’t have a standout QB sometimes you have to adjust to the most athletic player you have and run what he can run, even if it isn’t a high powered shotgun attack.

Don’t belittle QBs in front of the stands Coach them up or run something else that fits the skills they have.

And the coaches need to step their game up because if the team fails it’s on you. Motivate the Players! They don’t show excitement or fire as in 19 years around the Raider program I have become used to seeing.

Sincerely a faithful Raider fan

Strong take, OGRsman :thumb:

The quarterback whisperer from Lex-Cath is having to coach now with Morgan, Chism, and others gone. Defense lost coach. Tough to watch, this football and basketball program. Did Ryle sign a new kicker in the off season? Maybe I’ve missed something the last couple years. Same kid could barely reach the ten without a breeze on kickoffs He was consistent on short kicks but a booming leg ?

Another comment, I noticed at the last home game we had. The opponents student section was larger than ours? Where’s our kids at supporting the team? Stands looked bare for our first home game. You want a good team? Get off your Cushy chairs and come sit in the stands with us. 50 years ago I attended an Illinois high school. Our Badketball team was first class but our football team was never better then 50%. Just the way it was. But the attendance at the FB games were much larger then ours. That’s because we supported them. Kids need to know we’ve got their backs.

Bring in any quarterback coach you want but when the defensive line is in your face 1 second after the snap it won’t matter. The line play is where HHS shined last night. Even rushing 2 on obvious passing downs they were in the backfield.

Edited by Retiredtooearly
Forgot the period