5A #5 Highlands vs. 6A #3 Scott County

Who wins?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Highlands can play with this team. I've said it before week one , this team is going to surprise people. Cooper was supposed to be a good game. Campbell County was the favorite. The Birds just keep chirping.

I think they must have a perfect plan and play perfect to hang around. I would stack the box up with beef and just have Huddy running like a caveman to the ball. If they execute that and get half the turnovers they did last week it could be interesting.

Remember a few years ago, one of the worst Highlands teams ever played with SC up into the 4th quarter. SC is still a heavy favorite but this is H.S. football, anything can happen.

I think they must have a perfect plan and play perfect to hang around. I would stack the box up with beef and just have Huddy running like a caveman to the ball. If they execute that and get half the turnovers they did last week it could be interesting.

Remember a few years ago, one of the worst Highlands teams ever played with SC up into the 4th quarter. SC is still a heavy favorite but this is H.S. football, anything can happen.

I think 3 things need to happen for the birds to take this one. 1, They have to get the offense moving early with intermediate passes to their big targets. You don't want to play from behind against a team like SC. 2, finish plays on D and wrap up. This team has done a great job so far of not letting guys get loose after a hit and this will be critical against SC. 3, win the turnover battle. HHS doesn't need 6 turnovers, but they can't give the ball away more than they get it.

Lafayette was up 28-27 in the 3rd Qtr. Those numbers are what counts. Scott struggled to put Lafayette away but the point is they did put them away and that is what counts.

Wow didn’t know that. Thought they just got steamrolled.

Most irrelevant score in sports is a halftime score. I guess that's why people think it was close. Out scored them 32-7 in 2nd half. Hope for a good game without any injuries. Any live streaming of the game?

I'd say the most irrelevant score in sports is the score 1 second into the game.

Halftime score tells half of the story right? I'd say if you won game 50-20 and the halftime score was 21-20 that is a completely different game than if it was 38-7 at halftime. It shows how the coaching strategy shifted or how dominate the other team was out of the gate. The team that turns it on after half is actually scarier because it shows they can adapt. I don't know, not knocking SC they are a great team.

I'd say the most irrelevant score in sports is the score 1 second into the game.

Halftime score tells half of the story right? I'd say if you won game 50-20 and the halftime score was 21-20 that is a completely different game than if it was 38-7 at halftime. It shows how the coaching strategy shifted or how dominate the other team was out of the gate. The team that turns it on after half is actually scarier because it shows they can adapt. I don't know, not knocking SC they are a great team.

You have to play 4 quarters not one half.

The Birds are building back some confidence that has been lost over the last few years and you can see the "edge" starting to come back to the defense. Unfortunately will not be able to make it to the game but hoping the birds surprise some doubters on here. Have some fun on D! Party at the ball!

Wow didn’t know that. Thought they just got steamrolled.

Not sure how it was so close into the 3rd. For the game Scott county rushed for over 600 yds and allowed -7. They did give up 243 passing yards, so Highlands better be prepared to stop the run and be able to pass the ball.