5A #5 Highlands vs. 6A #3 Scott County

Who wins?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that this is a really good game to measure how much they have improved. I think that this should be a close game.

I agree. As much as I would love it, I don't think the Birds even have to win Friday to make a statement. Scott County is a well run, big 6A powerhouse program.

How close to the Birds need to keep it to make a statement? 2 scores?

I think it will be more of an eye test. Scores don't always tell the story IMO. Make no mistake, the Birds are 100% not supposed to win this game on paper, but they don't know that. This team believes they have a chance every Friday. They aren't going to win every game but it's a process and they are trying to get better and better everyday. Best case, everyone learns from this game and comes out of it injury free.

What is Scott Co's O Line like? I seem to remember last year they had 1 or 2 D1 type dudes on O line is that still the case? I also heard that Highlands great Rob Smith (Tennessee / Browns) is a coach there at SC? Is that true?

What is Scott Co's O Line like? I seem to remember last year they had 1 or 2 D1 type dudes on O line is that still the case? I also heard that Highlands great Rob Smith (Tennessee / Browns) is a coach there at SC? Is that true?

The O line is still pretty big and they still have Hudson who is committed to Virginia Tech. He plays both O Line and D line.

Just got back from long N.E. trip so just getting into football mode. Speaking from previous years (questionable validity) the Scott Co. program is just at a different level than recent Highlands teams. The avalanche can happen at anytime and the deceptiveness of their Winged T makes it hard on defenses that aren't able to overpower their offensive line. I would expect this game to be SC by threee TDs. Less than that would be a delightful surprise.

Hudson is a beast for SC.. who do they have other than him on either side of the line?

To be honest I’m not really sure of names, but they are a few wide bodies that push others around fairly easy. Haven’t heard word if any of the others have any big offers yet.