5A #5 Highlands vs. 6A #3 Scott County

Who wins?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Not sure how it was so close into the 3rd. For the game Scott county rushed for over 600 yds and allowed -7. They did give up 243 passing yards, so Highlands better be prepared to stop the run and be able to pass the ball.

Do you think a team that runs a run heavy offense like SC has a tough time getting a good look at pass defense?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think a team that runs a run heavy offense like SC has a tough time getting a good look at pass defense?

It's going to be tough to run against SC. I hope HHS uses some swing passes in the flat to Buten, Schwalbch, and Huddy to open it up. Our Oline guys are not huge but they are athletic and do a great job of pass protection. Those flats were open all day against Campbell County and it got exposed in the second half when the birds started throwing there.

SC O-Line vs HHS D-Line, the story of the game? That is a tall order. Highlands D Line has looked tough, but this is a new level they haven’t seen.

SC O-Line vs HHS D-Line, the story of the game? That is a tall order. Highlands D Line has looked tough, but this is a new level they haven’t seen.

Maybe not this year, but, yes, they have seen it in the past and have done very well. Just pull out the football history books, you might be surprised. Go Birds!

Maybe not this year, but, yes, they have seen it in the past and have done very well. Just pull out the football history books, you might be surprised. Go Birds!

Historically, oh yeah, they’ve seen better. I was talking about this D Line this year.

The other thing that keeps me hopeful is how well they’ve done against the run so far this year.

Last weeks game at Campbell Co was on You Tube under HHSFilmAndBroadcast channel - it was streamed but I could not get sound only video.

I could not find any advance notice if it will be on again this week. Just have to wait and see.