Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Your old high school team vs. your son's.....

Featured Replies

This subject came up during lunch the other day....

 

Dad (Harrodsburg early 80's)

vs.

Son (Mercer Co. 2006)

 

Why we'd of murdered these punks......:D :D :D

 

O.K. O.K. just joking, sons team would have called up the middle school squad by halftime. We wouldn't have handled them... especially with all the brown forearm pads and clunky Spot-Bilt cleats we were all wearing.:confused: sorry junior only dads know what I'm talking about.

 

If you can remember that far back, how do you think your old team would have done against your sons current team?

This subject came up during lunch the other day....

 

Dad (Harrodsburg early 80's)

vs.

Son (Mercer Co. 2006)

 

Why we'd of murdered these punks......:D :D :D

 

O.K. O.K. just joking, sons team would have called up the middle school squad by halftime. We wouldn't have handled them... especially with all the brown forearm pads and clunky Spot-Bilt cleats we were all wearing.:confused: sorry junior only dads know what I'm talking about.

 

If you can remember that far back, how do you think your old team would have done against your sons current team?

People are always wanting to compare the older teams to the ones of today. The thing that really stands out to me in all levels is the ungodly size of these kids today. I mean these guys are huge! Teams today are just too big, too strong, and too fast for those in my day.

Frankfort 1990

vs

Frankfort 2006

 

 

Sorry but our squad would hand my sons squad a harsh but kicking. The 1990 Panthers had too much speed and was physical. 1990 Panthers enjoyed delivery pain to the oppentent. Something the current young lads don't understand.

Fields and Robinson would quit by halftime and Coach Foley would be asking for forgiveness.

 

BTW that was the last time Frankfort won a regional title. Lost to Russellville in the state semi-finals.

 

Frankfort 1990 - 60

 

Frankfort 2006- 0

If the son's are smart they would choose their dad's team :sssh: . Good ol' Dad still controls their money/privliges and what they can do or cannot do.:lol: :D

People are always wanting to compare the older teams to the ones of today. The thing that really stands out to me in all levels is the ungodly size of these kids today. I mean these guys are huge! Teams today are just too big, too strong, and too fast for those in my day.

I agree. I was looking at 1976 HHS roster the other night and there were not hardly any players over 200 lbs. Hey LN did DMZ fabricate all those press clipping or are the real?

Frankfort 1990

vs

Frankfort 2006

 

 

Sorry but our squad would hand my sons squad a harsh but kicking. The 1990 Panthers had too much speed and was physical. 1990 Panthers enjoyed delivery pain to the oppentent. Something the current young lads don't understand.

Fields and Robinson would quit by halftime and Coach Foley would be asking for forgiveness.

 

BTW that was the last time Frankfort won a regional title. Lost to Russellville in the state semi-finals.

 

Frankfort 1990 - 60

 

Frankfort 2006- 0

Coach, I think you have been listening to the old Springsteen song too much "Glory Days" LOL

Dad Highlands 1975 State Champs

 

Son Highlands 2006

 

 

The 2006 team leaves the 1975 team standing in a cloud of smoke wondering what just happened. Kramer would be in the endzone before the '75 line could get out of their stance.:D Go Birds.:banana:

Coach, I think you have been listening to the old Springsteen song too much "Glory Days" LOL

 

No I can't stand loud music........

:D

I was having Tim McGraw flashbacks for a moment...

  • Author

Anymore I just feel like Al Bundy although I put up the letter jacket years ago.

  • Author

Come on wildcat111, I'm dying to hear your take on this one.

WOW !!! What a topic. I will have to agree with Braveheart on this one, Ashland 2006 is much bigger and stronger than Ashland 1981 but I know A-81 had a whole lot more heart than 2006 and most of the time the team with more heart will win. :D

Male...Son

Iroquois...Dad

Butler...Mom and Uncles

 

Son doesn't say a lot.

Anymore I just feel like Al Bundy although I put up the letter jacket years ago.

 

I put my letter jacket on last month for my son and started singing "Fat guy in a little coat" just like Chris Farley in Tommy Boy. Even more I put on my jersey and the edge of the front numbers on my jersey where on my side. Just like the NFL's offense lineman of today. The only problemn was I was not wearing shoulder pads. I think it has shrunken over the years. :eek:

Anymore I just feel like Al Bundy although I put up the letter jacket years ago.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That's funny right there, I don't care who you are.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.