Sheldon Clark, a 9-1 #3-seed

SuperB

9-1 Best overall record in their district, only loss on the road in overtime and their chances of a home playoff game is about nil. Tough break for the cards.

This new setup is a joke. The season means very little except for 1 or 2 more home games.

Their game friday night is going to be one for the ages. Hopefully there wont be any rain this week so the field will be dry.

I agree...

SC @ P-burg: The Cardinals want to show the previous loss to the Blackcats was a mud-induced fluke, while Prestonsburg is looking to remove all doubt from the previous result.

:bunny:

I agree...

SC @ P-burg: The Cardinals want to show the previous loss to the Blackcats was a mud-induced fluke, while Prestonsburg is looking to remove all doubt from the previous result.

:bunny:

2 things we agree on. This is a record.

This new setup is a joke. The season means very little except for 1 or 2 more home games.

They would have finished third in the district, no matter what the setup was. If it was the old system, they would be opening at Breathitt County this week.

Does anyone know the real reason why the KHSAA did this? Or was it just not thought out well before hand? Or is this the fairest way to do it. I really would like to know but just can't figure it out.

I'm not sure what you are asking Jeepman.

I'm going to assume that SC ended up in a 3-way tie and lost the tie-breaker, correct?

If so, what "new setup" are you talking about?

Yes, Sheldon Clark ended up in a 3 way tie with Belfry and Prestonsburg. The results are posted in this forum a couple of times and on the KHSAA website.

Sheldon Clark went undefeated in non district play, but they beat some weak teams. Belfry won the tie breaker based on wins over Pikeville and NCC that put them over the top on points. Even though Prestonsburg only had 1 non district win, they still had more points than SC.

Bottom line, unless you schedule better opponents and beat some of them, you will not win in a tie breaker. It does reward you for quality wins but you get very little credit for beating weak teams.

Does anyone know the real reason why the KHSAA did this? Or was it just not thought out well before hand? Or is this the fairest way to do it. I really would like to know but just can't figure it out.

So that two louisville schools (Trinity, St.X or Male in particular) wouldn't meet each other in the finals

So that two louisville schools (Trinity, St.X or Male in particular) wouldn't meet each other in the finals

That has nothing to do with why SC is a 3 seed. They finished 3rd in the tie breaker calculation and that is the same tie breaker system we have used for years.