Ashland 28 Boyd County 21

GOREDDEVILS

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not quite the domination that the Ashland faithful had predicted.

I honestly don't recall but a few of the Ashland faithful predicting domination by Ashland. As you can see below I called for a close game as usual between these two.

In all seriousness, I look for Boyd to give Ashland a tough game. These two teams usually play each other close to the best no matter what their records.

I will be interested in seeing the game stats. From what little of the game I got to hear, and from GRD's updates it looked and sounded like Boyd dominated the total yardage, but was hurt by big plays (botched punt snap for a TD, and an INT return for a TD), plus fumbling deep in their own territory. Congrats to the Tomcats on the win, but it sure looks like the Tomcats have a lot of work to get ready for Mason Co. next week. Congrats to Kevin Burns on the big game on Senior Night.

Too many penalties tonight by the Tomcats! Boyd gave a nice effort, I was impressd with their QB. Kevin Burns made 2 HUGE plays with a reception on a bad snap on a punt and an INT return for a TD. Matt Thomas ran hard and probably had 120 yards and a TD, Mahan played well also. Good win, onto the playoffs!

OK. It is my belief that all of the Ashland faithful except for LCRW were overconfident about this game.

That a boy.:thumb:

And you would be proven WRONG, once again. Most of the Ashland faithful were calling for a close ballgame.

I sure hope the Tomcat football players are as mad and embarrassed as I'am. They will be looking for redemption and to make a statement.

Ashland 35

BC 0

I don't like to make predictions so I will just say it should be a good game between old rivalrys! Man, its good to be home Boyd seems to be coming together? This game can be so unpredictable, even though Ashland has dominated it for so many years it is still one of my favorite games of the year!

I am sure BC will be ready to play come friday nightcan't wait to see Putnam Stadium filled to the brim maroon an white, and red an white it makes for an eletric atmosphere! I really enjoy how much the kids for both schools get up for this an hopfully the refs will let the bands pump everybody up! See ya friday BC!:thumb:

Last regular season game for my son. Time has gone by much to fast. It seems as it was only yesterday he was playing J.F.L.

I look for a very fired up Boyd Co. team to come into Putnam.

Ashland 28

Boyd 13

Does anyone know who the youngest player to get into a game for the Tomcats is? I know of one player who was 13.

This is the game of games for those of us of years past. What every football player looked forward to every year. Ashland has been able to control BC in the last few years but Boyd Co is improving just at the right time this year just as I thought Coach Evans would be able to do at BC if left alone. I believe it will be a tough game for the first couple of quarters but Ashland will pull away late and will win this heated rivalry 28 - 13.

I think (imo)Ashland has more skilled players then Boyd Co. and on paper should win,but when these two teams play throw the records and stats out the window.

I hope on film day the Tomcats take a close look at the disire and timing of the JC football team.The timing on offense was perfect ,when the snap count was called and the ball started to move the o-line was firing off the ball right with the backs and getting after somebody .(IMO)IF our o-line fired off the ball with 3/4 of the disire of JC we would be very hard to beat.

I"ll take Ashland in a close game .

I agree, I think Ashland can throw all over Boyd if they want. The lions dont have an answer for McDavid and Burns has 3td's in the last 2 games and has been a great compliment to McDavid at WR. I look for the cats to win.....

Ashland 35

Boyd Co 14

I think this game wil be pretty close intil the 4th. I like Ashland in this one but this game has high emotions and it could go either way.

Ashland 24

BC 14

Just think, if Mason beats JC that puts Ashland into 1st place in the district and Ashland would have to play BC the following week.

This should be a tough game, but I think Ashland will pull it out. Unfortunately this will be the last year this game has playoff implications as the new class system takes effect, but maybe after two years it will be back, although both will still play each other. I really don't like being in different districts with the 'County' as it was always a fun week. Hopefully the weather will stay dry on Friday as I think Ashland wins this game by a touchdown.

Ashland should win the game hands down, but you never know what surprises one might see

I have a soft spot for Boyd County, My nephew was a three year starter there, he was killed in an auto accident

two years ago and today would have been his 27 th birthday..

good luck Ashland... little Tim if your looking down don't hate me to much :)

Trimmer

Be sure and keep that quote tucked away devil78...it may come in handy for you again next year as well...:lol:

Now, if my Russell brethren will allow us to stay on focus for THIS thread...Ashland vs Boyd Co...

As several posters have already mentioned, this used to be THE game for each of these respective programs. It simply didn’t get much bigger for the district to have the season finale between the Tomcats and Lions (many times with district championships on the line). Although I believe Russell has replaced the County for this annual rivalry, “back in the day” Russell was simply a tune-up game as the Devils served merely a Tomcat whipping post. With BC riding a 2 game win streak though, the life support devices have been momentarily shelved and spirits are, as expected, high for the Lions.

This could be a dangerous game for the Cats particularly coming off a stinging defeat last weekend. Other than the obvious excitement associated with this rivalry game, I am anxious to see how Ashland rebounds from their last outing…this will be a true test of not just football fundamentals, but overall character of the team. How much grit, backbone and pride will this Ashland team exhibit? I hope these Cats are hungry and come out with an attitude of something to prove. There is a whole lot of football yet to be played, and I would be hard pressed to find a better place to start than smashing a BC Lion right in the chops.

Boyd hangs tough early, but too much Tomcat for them to handle 4 quarters. Ashland wins, pulling away late in the contest. Don’t forget, its Senior Night too….not too often we have a class of 24 senior players.

Too many penalties tonight by the Tomcats! Boyd gave a nice effort, I was impressd with their QB. Kevin Burns made 2 HUGE plays with a reception on a bad snap on a punt and an INT return for a TD. Matt Thomas ran hard and probably had 120 yards and a TD, Mahan played well also. Good win, onto the playoffs!

Not quite the push over you expected huh????:thumb:

Hey, look out next year though..:D