DeMarcus Cousins Signs With Golden State

I just don’t buy the notion that every move made in the league is about LeBron. The 76ers and Celtics were the future of the east, regardless of what LeBron did.

Every move in the league isn’t about LeBron but every move Golden State makes is an effort to stay above LeBron. He’s been the only thing standing in their way to a title for the past four years. Last year Houston gave them some issues so their moves are to stay ahead of those two teams. They know they can beat everyone else but they also know if they stay complacent and don’t make moves while LeBron and Houston are then they’ll get beat. I can’t help but feel that this was a shrewd and calculated move on their part.

NBA insiders are saying players are texting each other about not helping LeBron out and going to different teams from his. If the reports about Kawhi wanting to go to the Clippers now are true then it seems even more plausible that LeBron is a factor in moves being made more than we think.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ehhhh, this move was definitely to send a message to LeBron. LeBron went to the Lakers and they went from not making the playoffs to at worst 3rd favorite to win the title. The Lakers are making moves left and right. Adding dogs and goons to the team and then the Warriors add Cousins but it has nothing to do with LeBron? Yeah I ain’t feeling that theory.

The fact that the Rockets had the Warriors on the ropes is more reason for the Warriors to snatch up Cousins. This had everything to do with LeBron in LA.

If the Lakers don't add another star they will be lucky to be top 5 in the west.

NBA insiders are saying players are texting each other about not helping LeBron out and going to different teams from his. If the reports about Kawhi wanting to go to the Clippers now are true then it seems even more plausible that LeBron is a factor in moves being made more than we think.

That is interesting

Every move in the league isn’t about LeBron but every move Golden State makes is an effort to stay above LeBron. He’s been the only thing standing in their way to a title for the past four years. Last year Houston gave them some issues so their moves are to stay ahead of those two teams. They know they can beat everyone else but they also know if they stay complacent and don’t make moves while LeBron and Houston are then they’ll get beat. I can’t help but feel that this was a shrewd and calculated move on their part.

You dont say. How bout that.

But it just seems like common sense that Golden State wants to make sure they make moves to stay better than everyone else. That’s the whole point.

But it just seems like common sense that Golden State wants to make sure they make moves to stay better than everyone else. That’s the whole point.

I agree. And right now everyone else consists of 1.) LeBron’s team and 2.) Houston.

Who else is a threat to Golden State?