Paintsville 2018

Ram

• 3 weeks later...

The Tigers should be very good again. They'll miss WVU bound Tyrese Allen, but there's still plenty of talent on hand to keep Paintsville in the discussion. The addition of Josh McClurg from LCA gives Joe Chirico a major playmaker at QB, if that's the direction they choose to go. He looked good stepping in for an injured Logan Nieves during LCA's playoff run last year. McClurg's got a very well rounded skill set that will make him a valuable asset on both sides of the ball, no matter what position he ends up at.

Jaylen Allen (Tyrese's younger brother) and John Walker Phelps (Kent's younger brother) will be high impact players to look out for.

• 3 weeks later...
Longtime coach Jason Kinner has resigned from the coaching staff. Family reasons. He was the offensive coordinator and he's been on staff at Paintsville either as head coach or assistant coach for 13 years now.

That's not a good way to start off practice coming out of the dead period.

Not as big of a thing as your making it to be.

I am not as close to the program as most, but from what I've seen it is a HUGE loss. Coach Kinner, no doubt, did a good job coaching but he also took care of a lot of behind the scenes things most people don't see.

They have an athletic LB with some size. I met him on the football camp circuit at UK in June. A gregarious kid. Looks to be about 6'2" and 230 lbs, but is actually about 6' 0". His hair made him seem taller. His father is around 6' 2" legit so the son will probably grow some more. He will be a junior this fall, I believe.

They have an athletic LB with some size. I met him on the football camp circuit at UK in June. A gregarious kid. Looks to be about 6'2" and 230 lbs, but is actually about 6' 0". His hair made him seem taller. His father is around 6' 2" legit so the son will probably grow some more. He will be a junior this fall, I believe.

Some good genes in that family. I know I'm looking ahead a little, but to have two brothers from little ol' Paintsville, KY make it to the highest level of college football is really something special.