2018 Louisville Football Schedule

Getslow

Couldn't find an old thread on this from the schedule release, so with the announcement of the first three game times plus the ongoing release of SB Nation's 130-team football previews (recently finished the AAC and the independents, now slowly moving through the PAC12), I figured it was time to look ahead to the season.

** The athletic department certainly is ready, they called wanting the money for this year's season tickets practically before the last season was over.

Louisville Cardinals 2018

9/1 Alabama at Camping World Stadium, Orlando, FL 8:00 pm

9/8 Indiana State 7 pm

9/15 Western Kentucky 7:30 pm

9/22 at Virginia

9/29 Florida State

10/5 Georgia Tech 7:00 pm

10/13 at Boston College

10/27 Wake Forest

11/3 at Clemson

11/9 at Syracuse 7:00 pm

11/17 NC State

11/24 Kentucky

Only four true road games, but also features the all-but-assured Alabama crock-potting we're going to get to start the season.

Bama Loss (a huge one)

Indiana St Win

WKU Win

Virginia Win

Florida State Loss

Georgia Tech Loss

Boston College Win

Wake Forest Win

Clemson Loss

Syracuse Win

NC State Loss

Kentucky Win

7-5 is my prediction.

I think 7-5 sounds right but I genuinely don't know what to expect. Didn't think the defense would be anywhere near as poor as it was last year and I have no real points to suggest Van Gorder is going to be able to turn that around in a matter of months. Last year we took one we shouldn't have from FSU but paid it back by letting Boston College run all over the field.

Bama, FSU, and Clemson are sure fire losses. Hard to imagine there aren't at least two more losses outside those main three in there. The Cards' performances against NC State in recent years have been to absolutely smash them at home and play poorly on the road. If that keeps up, I won't hate it. I hate traveling to Syracuse on short rest the Friday after the Clemson game and Georgia Tech coming at the end of a short week after FSU with little time to prepare for that option offense is worrying.

There's also a part of me that thinks since we "only" went 8-4 with Lamar that we may go 2-10 this year without him, but, I'm a pessimist when it comes to the Cards. :lol2:

I thought you said a couple months back that despite Lamar leaving that UofL is still pretty solid at QB. You not sold on Jawon Pass anymore?

I thought you said a couple months back that despite Lamar leaving that UofL is still pretty solid at QB. You not sold on Jawon Pass anymore?

Has nothing to do with Jawon. The defense was atrocious last season and I have no reason it will be better this season, especially with a new DC. I’m excited about Jawon’s potential. He’s much more suited to run Petrino’s “normal offense” than Lamar was.

If the offense can average 40 a game they may be able to hang around :D.

Bama- Huge Loss

ISU- Win

WKU- Win

Virginia- Win

FSU- Win (Always play them well at home)

Georgia Tech- Win

BC-Win

Wake- Win

Clemson- Loss

Syracuse- Win

NC State- Loss

Kentucky-Win

Keep in mind this is my ultra-optimistic prediction.

Bama Loss (a huge one)

Indiana St Win

WKU Win

Virginia Win

Florida State Loss

Georgia Tech Loss

Boston College Win

Wake Forest Win

Clemson Loss

Syracuse Win

NC State Loss

Kentucky Win

7-5 is my prediction.

I don't know enough about NC State or Georgia Tech, but I'm thinking 7-5 too.

Isn't UL supposed to have a very good OL and some very good WR's this year? I think Pass will do a nice job and the team will be better than expected.

The O-Line was MUCH better last year than they had been the two years prior and there’s a good chance they’ll be further improved this year.

I fully expect Louisville to do ok offensively but drop some games in the same manner as last year in which sometimes 35 points still wasn’t enough to get a win.