Laurel or Yanny?

Jumper_Dad

What do you hear?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What do you hear?

Here's a tool to help hear both. Now it's a matter of where on the slider bar do you hear the one you couldn't hear before.

We Made a Tool to Help You Hear Both Laurel and Yanny - The New York Times

If you can't hear one or the other, this is the best tool to use. Click on the link. Go to the extreme edge of the one you can't hear and you should be able to hear it. If it doesn't work the first time, click back and forth between the far edge of each and you should be able to hear both. Although, I don't know how people came up with "Yanny". At no time can I hear the "nn" sound. It sounds more like Yarry to me.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a tool to help hear both. Now it's a matter of where on the slider bar do you hear the one you couldn't hear before.

We Made a Tool to Help You Hear Both Laurel and Yanny - The New York Times

This worked for me, but I had the bar slid almost all the way to the left before I could hear “Laurel”. It sounded like “Yammy” for a while and then “Yanny” and I was 90% to the left before I heard “Laurel”.

Just like everything else this will all be old news in short order, and no one will care anymore much like last year's fidget spinners, but I can't help but to wonder what if...:idunno:

...Just what if people... we as a culture get stuck on this, and we can't stop ourselves from perpetually going around and around and around listening to these nonsense words and comparing, and listening and debating, and listening and being perplexed, and listening and fighting in the streets, and then riots begin breaking out all over the world, pinning one half of the world against the other in an endless war that contributes to the ultimate destruction of the human race?

What if people...Just what if? :idunno:

Laugh now...but we're already 4 or 5 days in with no end in sight. :no:

The NBA playoffs are going on, and this is all that anyone cares about.

We're a couple months into the ML Baseball season, and this is all that anyone cares about.

Prince Harry is about to marry, and this is all the anyone cares about.

I beg of everyone stop this nonsense right now before it gets out of control, and there's not turning back, and let's all get our priorities in order ASAP!!!... Geesh!!! :no:

Just like everything else this will all be old news in short order, and no one will care anymore much like last year's fidget spinners, but I can't help but to wonder what if...:idunno:

...Just what if people... we as a culture get stuck on this, and we can't stop ourselves from perpetually going around and around and around listening to these nonsense words and comparing, and listening and debating, and listening and being perplexed, and listening and fighting in the streets, and then riots begin breaking out all over the world, pinning one half of the world against the other in an endless war that contributes to the ultimate destruction of the human race?

What if people...Just what if? :idunno:

Laugh now...but we're already 4 or 5 days in with no end in sight. :no:

The NBA playoffs are going on, and this is all that anyone cares about.

We're a couple months into the ML Baseball season, and this is all that anyone cares about.

Prince Harry is about to marry, and this is all the anyone cares about.

I beg of everyone stop this nonsense right now before it gets out of control, and there's not turning back, and let's all get our priorities in order ASAP!!!... Geesh!!! :no:

Now, if you would have said the NHL playoffs are going on, and this is all that anyone cares about, you'd be on to something. Nobody cares about those other three things... :lol2: