Giants RB Brandon Jacobs...

4.3 is cooking! I'd have to see that one to belive it. I didn't realize he was anywhere around that speed. I still question if he can be a #1 back all year long because he is so big and runs a little high sometimes. I would take him anyday on my team though and I wouldn't be shy about giving him a shot.

The running high problem seems to have been solved. I havn't seen a bad run from him yet this season...

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the guy and I like the way he run's but with his running style (going through guys instead of around them), he takes a lot of hits and I question if he could do this 25 carries a game for 16 games, maybe while he's young, but with that style and all the hits he takes, he will be out of the league in 3-5 years

I like the guy and I like the way he run's but with his running style (going through guys instead of around them), he takes a lot of hits and I question if he could do this 25 carries a game for 16 games, maybe while he's young, but with that style and all the hits he takes, he will be out of the league in 3-5 years

You aren't understanding what I'm saying. He's got the power, but he's got the speed and agility too.

Jerome Bettis was in the league for a long time, and he was strictly a power guy.

You aren't understanding what I'm saying. He's got the power, but he's got the speed and agility too.

Jerome Bettis was in the league for a long time, and he was strictly a power guy.

The effort and energy it seems like he expends in his runs is very high, that's what is making him good right now IMO. He is fresher than the defense and is exploiting it.

They did say that about Tiki, said he was a 3rd down back but Tiki showed he could bang it in between tackles, now it will be up to Jacobs to show he can not only move the pile but that he can catch a pass or two and carry the load, we'll see, he could end up being a back like George with that type of size.

I drafted this guy last year and I can't wait for him to take over. I will still have him next year when Tiki is retired and I will have him cheap!!!! I think this guy can be a great back, I don't think he has the talent the Bus had, but not far behind.