Open Job: Mason County

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He would leave in a heart beat. Why is it a good jod? He is in a region where he is never going to win a regional championship. Much better chance to win at Mason County.

I agree that a coach probably has a better chance of winning a regional title at Mason Co. than at Henry Clay. But I still think Henry Clay is a great job. HC has two regional titles ('05, '03) in the past 20 years and 1 regional runner-up ('14). So "Yes" it is difficult winning regional titles at Henry Clay, but I wouldn't consider it impossible.

Robbie Graham has no teaching degree, will have a state contending team for the next 2 or 3 years, and would also have to move from Winchester.

Brian Kirk has a teaching degree in Health/PE, and will be a step up from Augusta. His wife works at the school and they live a stone's throw away from the Fieldhouse.

The main problem I see with hiring a new coach is, all the other names I have heard would have to move their family one or two hours away. That means buying a new house, selling your old one, moving kids schools, finding a job in the school system, finding your wife a job near-by. Doing all that for a traditionally under-talented Mason County team, not knowing if you'll coach for 3 years, or 30. It's more of a risk than most people think.

Robbie Graham has no teaching degree, will have a state contending team for the next 2 or 3 years, and would also have to move from Winchester.

Brian Kirk has a teaching degree in Health/PE, and will be a step up from Augusta. His wife works at the school and they live a stone's throw away from the Fieldhouse.

The main problem I see with hiring a new coach is, all the other names I have heard would have to move their family one or two hours away. That means buying a new house, selling your old one, moving kids schools, finding a job in the school system, finding your wife a job near-by. Doing all that for a traditionally under-talented Mason County team, not knowing if you'll coach for 3 years, or 30. It's more of a risk than most people think.

Strong first post @One Great Scorer. Welcome to BGP! :thumb:

And when you come to write against our names, mark - not that we won or lost - but how we played the game.

I think it will either be Brian Kirk or Willie Feldhaus. Both are PE teachers, and Mason County will have an open PE teacher position next year.

I think it will be Brad Cox and Brian Kirk become the girls coach

Edited by bugatti