Reds at Phillies (4/9 - 4/11)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrible move by Price. Elected to pitch to 8th hitter instead of walking him to get to the pitcher. That would have forced Phillies hand and had to use PH and pitcher would be out of game. Of course, he got a hit to give Phils lead. That is managing 101.

The Reds have Votto, Scooter, Suarez (injured), Winker and Barnhart as position players deserving of being on an MLB ball-club. I’d like to see Ervin get an extended look and it’s still to early to tell on Blandino. Obviously Senzel when the timing is right.

I’d like to see an OF of Winker, Ervin and Elizalde.

The Reds need guys that can give them decent at bats.

Duvall, Peraza and Hamilton kill this team as everyday players.

On the pitching side of things Quack has no business being in an MLB bullpen. Weiss, Herget or Ariel Hernandez would be better options.

Rainey will be a good one but should have never been put into a close game yet. He barely has any innings above A ball.

Many of the issues that I see have already been talked about. This team cannot score runs which puts added pressure on the pitching. Then you get a well pitched game and the clown in the dugout blows it. Why down 2-1 do you bring in a guy making is MLB debut? I know, because you only called him up to save the strain on your bullpen arms.

I have never seen so many hitters that have no approach at the plate. That was painfully evident in the first inning of Monday's game. Peraza swings at more balls out of the strike zone than anyone I can ever remember. Thought this guys MO was good plate discipline when they acquired him.

Talk about not bringing up Senzel to save on his service time, but it is not going to matter because this franchise is going nowhere fast. They need to can Price now and get someone in that position that is going to hold guys accountable and not the whole I know there is a better player in there somewhere.

Many of the issues that I see have already been talked about. This team cannot score runs which puts added pressure on the pitching. Then you get a well pitched game and the clown in the dugout blows it. Why down 2-1 do you bring in a guy making is MLB debut? I know, because you only called him up to save the strain on your bullpen arms.

I have never seen so many hitters that have no approach at the plate. That was painfully evident in the first inning of Monday's game. Peraza swings at more balls out of the strike zone than anyone I can ever remember. Thought this guys MO was good plate discipline when they acquired him.

Talk about not bringing up Senzel to save on his service time, but it is not going to matter because this franchise is going nowhere fast. They need to can Price now and get someone in that position that is going to hold guys accountable and not the whole I know there is a better player in there somewhere.

Can a manager really hold players accountable anymore in todays MLB?

Yep. I expect sometime over the weekend or next week. He's mashed at every stop in the minors. Kid is seemingly ready for his shot in the majors.

Not sayin' this kid isn't the deal, but remember Brandon Larson?