BGP QOTD: Has Facebook been a good thing for America?

PP1

Has Facebook been a good thing for America?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Has Facebook been a good thing for America?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Basically for me, Facebook wasn’t fun anymore once my entire family was on there. Part of the reason Facebook was because it was just your friends. I didn’t have to censor myself. Now my family is on there and it’s not the same. I’m not going to talk politics or anything on Facebook because I know someone in my family will inevitably disagree with me and it’s not worth the hassle.

So what is your primary social media now that you gave up on facebook for the most part 7-8 years ago? You mentioned instagram. ? I don;t do that much, Twitter I think it #sucks .

So what is your primary social media now that you gave up on facebook for the most part 7-8 years ago? You mentioned instagram. ? I don;t do that much, Twitter I think it #sucks .

Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat are the ones I use the most. Twitter is the best way to find out news. Instagram is the best place for updates on what people are up to. Snapchat has become almost a primary source of communication for me now.

Facebook has been great for keeping up with my college and high school friends. Also, most of my family. I post some but not much. I try my best to stay away from politics, but some people... The problem is on FB is when fratenity brother and I go at it sometimes we are mostly just digging at each other. It goes down hill fast when one of his or my friends or family start in and don't understand we are not mad but just having a little fun. That's why I stay away from the politics most times. But the supporters of a certain person do give me a lot, and I mean a lot to work with. Just can't help myself sometimes.

Facebook has been great for keeping up with my college and high school friends. Also, most of my family. I post some but not much. I try my best to stay away from politics, but some people... The problem is on FB is when fratenity brother and I go at it sometimes we are mostly just digging at each other. It goes down hill fast when one of his or my friends or family start in and don't understand we are not mad but just having a little fun. That's why I stay away from the politics most times. But the supporters of a certain person do give me a lot, and I mean a lot to work with. Just can't help myself sometimes.

Some people really don’t understand good natured banter. Honestly FB is simply a microcosm of a society filled with people who take it personally when someone disagrees with them.