Going around in circles

nWo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAVKG0I6XXA

I haven't done one of these types in awhile. :dancingpa:D

Well, I've been watching this upcoming weekend for about two weeks for the possibility of wintry precipitation. Looks like it may be kind of interesting. Some may see some accumulating snow Friday night into the day on Saturday. While the models are differing some of the amounts they are all now showing there is a good chance for the snow to come. The following is from the GFS showing the wintry precipitation passing through Kentucky. Western Kentucky may see some freezing rain.

128-nodither.gif

Now let me show everyone what each model is showing the possibility of snow accumulations. Please note that this is not an official forecast. These are just a snapshot in time and as we've seen in the past things could quite possibly change.

First the NAM. It only goes through Saturday morning at this time. This is the very end of the NAM run.

nam.png

The GFS and Canadian goes through Saturday afternoon.

gfs.png

The Canadian

candian.png

Once again I want to caution everyone that this is not an official snowfall forecast. Just wanted to show everyone what I've been seeing. Should start getting a good read on this event tomorrow. I'll probably be able to give my first call then. I'll try and update later today.

Take care and have a blessed day.

A guy here in the office says he was watching one of the local weather stations last night, not sure which one, and the weather guy made a comment that the snowfall record for April in this area is 4 inches and that we would be breaking that this weekend.

All signs are pointing towards a record-breaking April winter event this weekend. I'm hesitant about posting snowfall totals but if the current trend continues those maps I posted this morning maybe on the low side. We'll just have to wait and see.