Michigan 69 Loyola Chicago 57

16thBBall Fan

Every game they have played on has been a pressure packed game. It looked to me like Michigan made an adjustment on defense that messed up the passing lanes and got Loyola out of sync. I don't think it was pressure or stage too big or anything more than good adjustments by Michigan that caused turnovers at the right time and took away the layups that Loyola was getting out of their offense.

I just think when a team gets to the Final Four it’s a different level of pressure packed. Even the best teams have wilted in that heat. (I.e. Kentucky in 2015).

I do think the UM adjustments were the ultimate reason.

What a run by Loy / Chi ! No McD's or 1/dones, they were a pleasure to watch. Just a well coached, SR. laden team that was playing for the right reasons .....pride and Team. Who Knew that would work, uh ? :D

Michigan is on a roll, playing their best at the right time. Nova is doing the same with imo superior talent, Nova Wins on Mon. night.

Instead they get Nova's #14 defense and #1 offense. Loyola was #17 on D and #63 on O. To assume they will look better Monday night would seem to disregard reason...

I get you. I'm just trying to make the Loyola naysayers give Loyola some credit. Too often people act like when a team doesn't play well that it has nothing to do with their opponent.

I just think when a team gets to the Final Four it’s a different level of pressure packed. Even the best teams have wilted in that heat. (I.e. Kentucky in 2015).

I do think the UM adjustments were the ultimate reason.

And on this I don't necessarily buy that when teams lose like this that it is because they wilted under a bigger pressure game. I am not saying it doesn't happen. What I am saying is Loyola plays Michigan in game 3 of the season and the same thing happens, which it very well may have, no one is saying the pressure of the big game caused it.

There is big time pressure in every game in the NCAA tournament. Loyola handled it all well until Michigan out executed them the last 8 minutes last night. IMO, that was almost all about Michigan out executing Loyola and not the pressure of the game getting to Loyola.

Loyola looked very tired the last 10 minutes or so. Maybe the pace of the game and how physical it was played into it and they just didn't have anything left in the tank. Michigan executed extremely well during that time period as well, which seemed to cause Loyola to press too much and things kind of fell apart on them.