Mike Jackson named head coach at Seneca

Seneca knocked this one out of the park! Coach J will do very well at Seneca. One of his strengths is making kids feel a sense of family, like they belong to something bigger than themselves.

Seneca knocked this one out of the park! Coach J will do very well at Seneca. One of his strengths is making kids feel a sense of family, like they belong to something bigger than themselves.

Wow...I don't think I've had as satisfying a compliment as this one.

By the way, the great--not just 'good'--men who have coached with me are just as big a reason that 'sense of family' was established everywhere I've been. My best quality as a head coach has always been being able to surround myself with people better than myself. I pray God is with me in the task to find a staff of the same caliber of men I've had on my previous staffs.

Thank you to all the others offering congrats. My hope is we can bring some success both on and off the field to the deserving young men at Seneca. They've had it there on the field before (and not that long ago--tip of the hat to Coach Lou Dover and Lonnie Oldham before that) and there's a spirit of support in the current administration that's very reassuring to an incoming coach.