Amazon Virus pops up on ipad

TAC

Hey techies, having an issue on my ipad. Whenever I go to BGP I get a pop up that I've won fabulous prizes by clicking onto an amazon site. It only happens on BGP and has not done it on my iphone 6 or my laptop.

Any ideas how to remove the bug?

Hey techies, having an issue on my ipad. Whenever I go to BGP I get a pop up that I've won fabulous prizes by clicking onto an amazon site. It only happens on BGP and has not done it on my iphone 6 or my laptop.

Any ideas how to remove the bug?

Hasn't been happening of BGP for me lately (but has in the past), but has been happening on other sites. I had a stretch a few weeks ago where I couldn't visit ESPN.com without this pop-up occurring. It's happened on other sites as well, both on my Ipad and Iphone. From what I understand it's server based, and not actually a virus on your phone. Whatever, the case, it is extremely annoying when it happens, and renders those sites unusable.

This happens to me as well on my iPad however it’s only on a select few websites that I visit and unfortunately BGP is one of them. BGP isn’t the only website being affected this. Makes me wonder if it’s a virus of some sort on our iPads picked up from somewhere and it only presents itself on websites that may allow pop-up/redirects like that? Unsure on the latter part as I’m unfamiliar with those types of things. I get the same problem (a lot) from a Manchester United forum I frequent.