Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Experimental rules to be used in NIT

Featured Replies

I love experimental rules in pre and postseason tournaments. Remember one year Dayton played in Maui and they used the international trapezoidal lane. Enjoyed it.

 

Now let these guys pluck the ball off the rim like the international rules and we’re really getting somewhere. That one is really fun.

I think it's just a stepping stone to them rolling over to the rest of NCAA BBall.

 

Like the 30 second clock. If memory serves me right, it was experimented with in the NIT.

Unfortunately, they'll be used in the NIT where no one will ever see them.

 

You could be right Wire, but I'm going to watch a few just to check out how the changes affect the game.

Sounds to me like they are trying to get the college game even closer to the NBA game. I'm not sure how I feel about that as I already feel like some things have changed for the worse. They already let college players walk all over the floor like the NBA but if it makes the game more exciting to watch I guess it can't hurt.

I like three of them but not fond of limiting the shot clock on an offensive board.

  • Author
Sounds to me like they are trying to get the college game even closer to the NBA game. I'm not sure how I feel about that as I already feel like some things have changed for the worse. They already let college players walk all over the floor like the NBA but if it makes the game more exciting to watch I guess it can't hurt.

 

It seems to me as if they already call more walks out away from the basket than they need to. Player gets the ball beyond the arc and then tries to take his guy off the dribble, will get called for steps it seems like half the time.

It seems to me as if they already call more walks out away from the basket than they need to. Player gets the ball beyond the arc and then tries to take his guy off the dribble, will get called for steps it seems like half the time.

 

A walk is a walk. If they walk it needs to be called.

  • Author
A walk is a walk. If they walk it needs to be called.

 

I don't really disagree, it's just they call them 30 feet from the basket more than they do finishing drives, where most walks actually happen.

 

I hate that call when a player goes to put down his first dribble and it's called because his foot shifted...yet they can dance a tango pivoting inside and it's not called.

I think it's just a stepping stone to them rolling over to the rest of NCAA BBall.

 

And it allow them to test these at a decent competition level, without affecting games that mean something.

It seems to me as if they already call more walks out away from the basket than they need to. Player gets the ball beyond the arc and then tries to take his guy off the dribble, will get called for steps it seems like half the time.

 

I agree with you on that but they let them drag their pivot foot all over the place and then take 4 or 5 steps in the lane just like the NBA.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.