Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Discrimination

Featured Replies

To piggy back off the other thread, I feel as if this deserves more conversation...

 

For me this whole issue has NOTHING to do with guns. This has to do with discrimination.

 

Two people walk into a bakery to legally buy a cake. For whatever reason the owner of the bakery doesn't approve of selling them the cake.

 

Two people walk into a "gun shop" to legally buy a gun. For whatever reason the owner of the gun shop doesn't approve of selling them the gun.

 

We can debate it all we want but in both cases it is discrimination.

 

In both cases, I simply take my business elsewhere.

 

Discrimination is a part of the American lifestyle. It happens everyday, all over the country. It's not new.

 

What I think may be happening here is people that aren't usually discriminated against are feeling that way because of these gun issues. Interesting to watch that dynamic unfold, if I'm being honest.

It's interesting to watch the people that support the sanctions against the bakers now be fully OK with this.

It's interesting to watch the people that support the sanctions against the bakers now be fully OK with this.

Two totally different thing. I think it’s silly to say age discrimination and discrimination based on sexual orientation are the same thing. One there is justification for the other there is not.

I guess I'm with Deuce. If you don't like the way a business operates you have the freedom to go else where. I'm actually on the side of letting free market weed out those with bad business policies.

Two totally different thing. I think it’s silly to say age discrimination and discrimination based on sexual orientation are the same thing. One there is justification for the other there is not.

 

I'm not understanding.

Two totally different thing. I think it’s silly to say age discrimination and discrimination based on sexual orientation are the same thing. One there is justification for the other there is not.

 

So if we can justify the discrimination it’s ok?

So if we can justify the discrimination it’s ok?

It’s not discrimination if there is a justification for it. There is no justification for discrimination by race, gender, sexual orientation. There is a justification for age so there fore it’s not discrimination as far as I’m concerned.

It’s not discrimination if there is a justification for it. There is no justification for discrimination by race, gender, sexual orientation. There is a justification for age so there fore it’s not discrimination as far as I’m concerned.

 

We will agree to disagree on this one

We will agree to disagree on this one

What is your definition of discrimination then?

Discrimination - the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex.

A few coworkers went into one of the few 24 hr sit down restaurants in our city and were never acknowledged while other customers were. They waited 20-30 minutes before finally getting up and walking out. Needless to say I’ll never spend another dime at any of this national chain’s locations. I’d say they were discriminated against based on what they do for a living.

To piggy back off the other thread, I feel as if this deserves more conversation...

 

 

 

In both cases, I simply take my business elsewhere.

 

Discrimination is a part of the American lifestyle. It happens everyday, all over the country. It's not new.

 

What I think may be happening here is people that aren't usually discriminated against are feeling that way because of these gun issues. Interesting to watch that dynamic unfold, if I'm being honest.

 

I don't think the cake thing applies. The reason the Baker does not want to make a cake is because it violates the baker's religious belief, by forcing to Baker to violate his own concious could be considered unfair.

 

It's a hard line to draw because I believe business owners should be able to make their own decisions about their own business but I also agree it should be illegal to have a "white Only" restaurant.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.