Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2018 National Champion...save this thread

Featured Replies

What if I told you that the 2018 National Champion was going to come out of this group:

 

* Purdue

* Michigan State

* Gonzaga

* West Virginia

* Kansas

* Ohio State

* Auburn

* North Carolina

 

I'm just going to leave this here, but the last 20 years tell us that one of these 8 schools will end up cutting down the nets in April. Just something to keep an eye on as the season unfolds and the post-season kicks in.

  • Replies 40
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what is the "criteria" indicating that one of these 8 will be cutting down the nets in early April?

I’ll take the field.

  • Author
I’ll take the field.

 

I get that, but know that 95% of Champions in the last 20 years fall into this criteria. Odds aren't with you.

I get that, but know that 95% of Champions in the last 20 years fall into this criteria. Odds aren't with you.

 

I’m used to it. :lol2:

Only one team currently in the top ten in both offensive and defensive efficiency per the Ken Pom ratings. History says that’s a pretty good guide.

 

So say hello to your statistical national champions: the Michigan State Spartans.

 

Are the ones listed in the first post those that have both in at least the top 30?

I just looked it up, last nights games moved some things around a bit, but the top two teams in the ratings were a fun mirror yesterday afternoon:

 

Virginia: Defense 1 Offense 43

Villanova: Offense 1 Defense 43

 

Worth noting: this Virginia defense is a full two points better in the KenPom defensive efficiency ratings than Louisville’s historically great defense in 2013.

Too much Big 10/12 on that list. Give me the field.

Put me in the UNC & Duke camp.

 

They both seem to be starting to click at just the right time....I see both make deep runs come March.

I’ll take these 4 teams and you can have the field: Villanova, Duke, Michigan State, Arizona.

  • Author
Auburn.... :lol2::lol:

You do understand that I'm not making a prediction in that first post, I'm telling you that 19 of the last 20 champs fit a certain criteria, and the teams in post #1 are the only ones that fit the criteria.

You do understand that I'm not making a prediction in that first post, I'm telling you that 19 of the last 20 champs fit a certain criteria, and the teams in post #1 are the only ones that fit the criteria.

 

 

I understand what you were saying. Not laughing at you. I'm just laughing at Auburn. They are not good.

You do understand that I'm not making a prediction in that first post, I'm telling you that 19 of the last 20 champs fit a certain criteria, and the teams in post #1 are the only ones that fit the criteria.

 

What is the criteria?

Top 20 in both defense and offensive efficiency?

 

I checked, that's not it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.