2018 Region Players of the Year per the KABC

Always one somebody to minimize something kids worked hard for. Regardless of who voted or what organization voted....congrats to every one of you hard working young men.

Is that what I am doing? Really...

It shocks me how we all want transparency and then we get a little and someone has a problem with it.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that what I am doing? Really...

It shocks me how we all want transparency and then we get a little and someone has a problem with it.

My point is for us to just let the kids enjoy whatever award this is. If it came from the Kellogg Corp or the Association of xyz, it's still an honor. This will all wash out in the end, we kinda know who the Mr. Bball candidates will be and i'm fairly sure Kunk and CJ will be in the mix. I was told that coaches in the organization (and all aren't apparently) submitted votes and you can't vote for your own player.

The KABC is not some "come lately" organization.

The KABC has recognized the annual POYs and Coaches of the Year, annually at the "Sweet Sixteen" State Tournament on the floor at Rupp Arena for as far back as I can remember.

Their website lists POYs and COYs dating back to 1996.

I am thrilled for Will and his family. He is such a great young man, in the classroom, and on and off the court. Very deserving of 10th Region Player of the Year.

Congrats Will!!!!!!.

Big Congrats to Will "The Cadillac" Philpot from your fans in NKY!!!

I don’t see how Philpot got 10th region honors over Eric Johnson, Titus Ransom or Levi Dunaway?? The overall team records must have something to do with the voting seeing that all the finalist are from ranked teams when there are clearly better players in the state

The KABC is not some "come lately" organization.

The KABC has recognized the annual POYs and Coaches of the Year, annually at the "Sweet Sixteen" State Tournament on the floor at Rupp Arena for as far back as I can remember.

Their website lists POYs and COYs dating back to 1996.

Maybe so, but I think the point being made is you and I could open our own little stand on a street corner and ask people to come up and vote for, say, 4 hours. Then we tally the votes and announce winners. Sound legit?

It's just like region first team, second team, etc. honors. That all mostly comes down to how the wind is whipping a particular day.

I don’t see how Philpot got 10th region honors over Eric Johnson, Titus Ransom or Levi Dunaway?? The overall team records must have something to do with the voting seeing that all the finalist are from ranked teams when there are clearly better players in the state

The coaches in the 10th region have a different opinion.. They are the ones that did the voting and you can't vote for your own player.