Corbin vs. Doss Cancelled

Wireman

The people on here who continue to bash Corbin do not know the Corbin that I know. Have any of you experienced it personally here in the last 10 years. Yes, there is racism here as there is everywhere, but I would say with much confidence that there are no more racists per capita here than in Knox Co., Laurel Co., Madison Co., Fayette Co. etc. If people would quit perpetuating some of these stories, maybe, just maybe, the perception would change and the racists who are here would climb under the rock where they belong and not feel as though they have a voice here.

Edited by True blue (and gold)
Rule 12

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The people on here who continue to bash Corbin do not know the Corbin that I know. Have any of you experienced it personally here in the last 10 years. Yes, there is racism here as there is everywhere, but I would say with much confidence that there are no more racists per capita here than in Knox Co., Laurel Co., Madison Co., Fayette Co. etc. If people would quit perpetuating some of these stories, maybe, just maybe, the perception would change and the racists who are here would climb under the rock where they belong and not feel as though they have a voice here.

Can you link videos of players from schools of any of those spots spouting off racist statements?

Edited by True blue (and gold)

And those who think the game should

Have been played are naive or want to see a right. By refusing to play it brought more attention to the shameful and sick video. Not playing also removed any potential for an altercation. We all know that when you have an event in these situations that racist groups or Sick people sometimes show up to make a statement.

Not playing brought more attention on the racist video. That is a good thing.

Not playing the game is not taking a stand. It is bailing out. Makes you look weak. The racist Corbin fans are most likely laughing at Doss for being scared. Running away just makes racism stronger which is a shame.

You’ve obviously never dealt with racism, otherwise this is the most ignorant take I’ve read in a while.

You’ve obviously never dealt with racism, otherwise this is the most ignorant take I’ve read in a while.

No I haven’t ever dealt with it and hate that people have to go through it. I’m just saying that playing the game would have made a statement again racism. Let them know that they are here to take care of business and that Doss isnt going to shy away from nasty words being said.

No I haven’t ever dealt with it and hate that people have to go through it. I’m just saying that playing the game would have made a statement again racism. Let them know that they are here to take care of business and that Doss isnt going to shy away from nasty words being said.

We wish it was that simple.

Would that not result in there being no consequences at all for the people that spouted off the hate?

Good decision by Doss IMO.

I don't want to paint the city of Corbin with a broad brush because of one player's actions, but there's no need to play this game. I think this is a wise decision by those who made it.

Now this I can agree with.