February 10, 20188 yr The people on here who continue to bash Corbin do not know the Corbin that I know. Have any of you experienced it personally here in the last 10 years. Yes, there is racism here as there is everywhere, but I would say with much confidence that there are no more racists per capita here than in Knox Co., Laurel Co., Madison Co., Fayette Co. etc. If people would quit perpetuating some of these stories, maybe, just maybe, the perception would change and the racists who are here would climb under the rock where they belong and not feel as though they have a voice here. Edited February 10, 20188 yr by True blue (and gold) Rule 12
February 10, 20188 yr IF this is true, then the right thing for Doss to do was not show up. I think KHSAA should step in and hand down sanctions on Corbin. Sanctions for what?
February 10, 20188 yr The people on here who continue to bash Corbin do not know the Corbin that I know. Have any of you experienced it personally here in the last 10 years. Yes, there is racism here as there is everywhere, but I would say with much confidence that there are no more racists per capita here than in Knox Co., Laurel Co., Madison Co., Fayette Co. etc. If people would quit perpetuating some of these stories, maybe, just maybe, the perception would change and the racists who are here would climb under the rock where they belong and not feel as though they have a voice here. Can you link videos of players from schools of any of those spots spouting off racist statements? Edited February 10, 20188 yr by True blue (and gold)
February 10, 20188 yr And those who think the game should Have been played are naive or want to see a right. By refusing to play it brought more attention to the shameful and sick video. Not playing also removed any potential for an altercation. We all know that when you have an event in these situations that racist groups or Sick people sometimes show up to make a statement. Not playing brought more attention on the racist video. That is a good thing.
February 10, 20188 yr Not playing the game is not taking a stand. It is bailing out. Makes you look weak. The racist Corbin fans are most likely laughing at Doss for being scared. Running away just makes racism stronger which is a shame. You’ve obviously never dealt with racism, otherwise this is the most ignorant take I’ve read in a while.
February 10, 20188 yr You’ve obviously never dealt with racism, otherwise this is the most ignorant take I’ve read in a while. No I haven’t ever dealt with it and hate that people have to go through it. I’m just saying that playing the game would have made a statement again racism. Let them know that they are here to take care of business and that Doss isnt going to shy away from nasty words being said.
February 10, 20188 yr No I haven’t ever dealt with it and hate that people have to go through it. I’m just saying that playing the game would have made a statement again racism. Let them know that they are here to take care of business and that Doss isnt going to shy away from nasty words being said. We wish it was that simple.
February 10, 20188 yr No I haven’t ever dealt with it and hate that people have to go through it. I’m just saying that playing the game would have made a statement again racism. Let them know that they are here to take care of business and that Doss isnt going to shy away from nasty words being said. Would that not result in there being no consequences at all for the people that spouted off the hate?
February 10, 20188 yr Can you link videos of players from schools of any of those spots spouting off racist statements? Police investigating threat involving Lexington Catholic students; teenager charged
February 10, 20188 yr Can you link videos of players from schools of any of those spots spouting off racist statements? Mason City Schools respond to another racist incident - WCPO Cincinnati, OH
February 10, 20188 yr Police investigating threat involving Lexington Catholic students; teenager charged There was at least one thread on that when it came out and it was huge news in this area. The general feeling about that is that no one was surprised with that either.
February 10, 20188 yr Sanctions for what? I have not seen the video itself, but based on things that I have heard and read, this could be a violation of KHSAA Bylaw 15 section 1a regarding sportsmanship.
February 10, 20188 yr Police investigating threat involving Lexington Catholic students; teenager charged http://bluegrasspreps.com/controversial-issues/black-student-threatened-326054.html
February 10, 20188 yr Good decision by Doss IMO. I don't want to paint the city of Corbin with a broad brush because of one player's actions, but there's no need to play this game. I think this is a wise decision by those who made it.
February 11, 20188 yr Good decision by Doss IMO. I don't want to paint the city of Corbin with a broad brush because of one player's actions, but there's no need to play this game. I think this is a wise decision by those who made it. Now this I can agree with.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.