Corbin vs. Doss Cancelled

Wireman

Wow. I guess I’m with the side that believes in standing up to racism and not hiding from it.

This is standing up to it. The fact that Doss made the choice to not play the game because of the volatile racial climate in Corbin is what MAKES the discussion of the racial climate in Corbin happen. Going down and playing the game might as well just be to Doss community ignoring the Corbin players comments and acting as if they never happened.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is standing up to it. The fact that Doss made the choice to not play the game because of the volatile racial climate in Corbin is what MAKES the discussion of the racial climate in Corbin happen. Going down and playing the game might as well just be to Doss community ignoring the Corbin players comments and acting as if they never happened.

I guess my comment to this would be we are letting one high school kids words sway an entire community.

Granted i dont know the whole story, but on the surface of this thread thats what it sounds like to me.

I live here. The "volatile" racial climate is a figment of the imagination of people from outside of Corbin.