Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gallatin County 55 Anderson County 43

Featured Replies

Shelby just might surprise Spencer. I know they did Frankfort last the other night.

Heck, if I was Burns, I think I would rather have a low scoring game and let Shelby win so I could face them in the District opening night. I would much rather face them than Anderson. Has Spencer ever been to the region? Just some thought even if our there in space.

 

If memory serves me correctly--Since Spencer County High School became a school in 1983 they have been to the region 3 times. In 2011 they made it to the regional final to go to RUPP. I believe I am correct on that. As far as Shelby County is concerned--they struggle to score and Spencer County is a VERY good defensive team. I just think it's a bad matchup for Shelby County, but anything is possible as we have seen this year. Spencer County is playing their best basketball right now.

Having seen all three games of Anderson against Collins, Spencer, and Gallatin, I'd give a very slight edge to Collins over Spencer, with Gallatin a step behind those two.

 

I agree with your assessment.

30th district will be a great tournament as always. At Shelby so that gives them some much needed advantage. Being biggest gym in didsrict, should be some great crowds, weather permitting

I have to say beating Anderson Co in Lawrenceburg is an upset.....no matter how down they are. Glen Drury has his teams ready, with one of the best scouting reports in the region, on every team and every player.

You can be the best jockey at Keenland, but you still have to have a pretty good ride under you.

I don't know whats going on...the AC kids are better than this, but last night for whatever reason I just didn't see a lot of fire and passion. This game HAS to be played like every possession is the most important, and every defensive trip is the most important...unless or until the coach tells you to relax and back off. I'm not seeing that. I'm sure Coach Drury and the rest of the staff are racking their brains trying to figure this thing out. I've been in the same situation and it isn't easy. Lot of good kids on this team, I know most of them and have coached a number of them. I sure hope they can get things figured out and start playing to the teams potential. If they can, they will be as dangerous as anyone come tournament time.

If memory serves me correctly--Since Spencer County High School became a school in 1983 they have been to the region 3 times. In 2011 they made it to the regional final to go to RUPP. I believe I am correct on that. As far as Shelby County is concerned--they struggle to score and Spencer County is a VERY good defensive team. I just think it's a bad matchup for Shelby County, but anything is possible as we have seen this year. Spencer County is playing their best basketball right now.

 

According to our friend broadcaster240's site, Spencer has made the region 4 times — in 82, 84, 95 and 2011.

 

1. Home

According to our friend broadcaster240's site, Spencer has made the region 4 times — in 82, 84, 95 and 2011.

 

1. Home

 

That is correct. Oops.

Shelby just might surprise Spencer. I know they did Frankfort last the other night.

Heck, if I was Burns, I think I would rather have a low scoring game and let Shelby win so I could face them in the District opening night. I would much rather face them than Anderson. Has Spencer ever been to the region? Just some thought even if our there in space.

 

Spencer has historically had difficulty getting out of their district, but they have made it to the region. Lost to Oldham County in the region finals not too terribly long ago. (6 or 7 years ago?)

You can be the best jockey at Keenland, but you still have to have a pretty good ride under you.

 

He ain't riding a donkey....he still has a thoroughbred in Penny.

He ain't riding a donkey....he still has a thoroughbred in Penny.

 

Please explain why a team with all of your positives have a 7 and 11 record ?

They are really close to being 11-7. I am not saying there were a 18-0 team. What I am saying is that they have a really nice player in Penny, an awesome, HOF coach in Drury, and are historically hard to beat at home. I am saying that it is hard to beat Anderson Co in Anderson Co. I am saying that they only lost 2 players off of last years team that beat Gallatin by 20, in Warsaw, a Gallatin Co team that won 20 games and went to the semi's of the 8th Region Tournament. I am saying that it is a little bit of an upset that Gallatin Co won at Anderson.

I don't disagree, but Gallatin did not have Mason Wilson for that game.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.