Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hardest Hitters you've seen or played against?

Featured Replies

Corbin has had a few players but most recently Jon Sizemore, Zac Prewitt, Jason Steely, Hank Cima, Jarrod Lawson, and Brad Lawson.

 

Sizemore (98,99,00 seasons) from Corbin has to be the hardest hitter I've seen. We're talking about a 6'2" 260 (not 235 like listed) tailback/linebacker in 2A ball.

 

 

Other hard hitters I have seen are..

 

Middlesboro- Floyd Branham

Boyle- Matt Quinn

North Laurel- The Brandenburg kid that is currently playing.

 

Two of the hardest hits that I've seen in games are.

 

1. Cumberland vs. Cawood 2003 , Cumberland Jamal Battle lays a blindside block on the Cawood guy and he goes down for about 15 minutes. He was later on the sideline and was asked questions and couldn't answer them straight.

 

2. Corbin vs. Williamsburg 2004, Corbin lineman Lucas Neely comes around and drills Williamsburg RB Will Hill.

  • Replies 50
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David Harlan #21 140lb linebacker for Danville! Last year against Frankfort the first play of the game.Frankfort tried to run the ball over there left tackle and David was right there for the hit.Seems like that play dictated the rest of the game! Anyone that was at that game knows the the play Im talking about!

Hardest hitter I have seen in fifteen years was Jordan Nevels from Highlands....The kid would flat lay you out in second. Hopefully we will get to see that if he ever takes the field for UK??? Pound for pound the hardest hitter I have ever seen....:thumb:

David Harlan #21 140lb linebacker for Danville! Last year against Frankfort the first play of the game.Frankfort tried to run the ball over there left tackle and David was right there for the hit.Seems like that play dictated the rest of the game! Anyone that was at that game knows the the play Im talking about!

 

You are correct that play set the tone.

Hardest hitter I have seen in fifteen years was Jordan Nevels from Highlands....The kid would flat lay you out in second. Hopefully we will get to see that if he ever takes the field for UK??? Pound for pound the hardest hitter I have ever seen....:thumb:

No doubt Raiderbird. He helicoptered more guys in a career than the law should allow! The next on my list would be one Mr. Marty Moore. Just a brutal hitter on the high school level. Truly a man amongst boys. :thumb:

No doubt Raiderbird. He helicoptered more guys in a career than the law should allow! The next on my list would be one Mr. Marty Moore. Just a brutal hitter on the high school level. Truly a man amongst boys. :thumb:

That's why I said 15 yrs......:thumb: :thumb: . Marty had tree trunks for legs..The guy would blow people up.........:ylsuper: :ylsuper:

For his size, David Harlan of Danville is the best hitter that I have ever seen; to be 5'4"(maybe), weigh under 140 lbs, and hit like he does consistently every Friday night is unbelievable to say the least. I also like Jordan Nevels from Highlands-in 2004 I believe he spent about 2 hours punishing Danville rb Kelvin "Dooky" Turner....kid can flat out bring the wood!

 

Speaking of the Admirals, talk to Sam Harp and he will tell you that back in the early/mid 90's he had about 10 guys that would light you up; Chester Ford, Kinte Bess(RIP), Ben and Kelvin Kinley, Donnie Redd, etc........

For his size, David Harlan of Danville is the best hitter that I have ever seen; to be 5'4"(maybe), weigh under 140 lbs, and hit like he does consistently every Friday night is unbelievable to say the least. I also like Jordan Nevels from Highlands-in 2004 I believe he spent about 2 hours punishing Danville rb Kelvin "Dooky" Turner....kid can flat out bring the wood!

 

Speaking of the Admirals, talk to Sam Harp and he will tell you that back in the early/mid 90's he had about 10 guys that would light you up; Chester Ford, Kinte Bess(RIP), Ben and Kelvin Kinley, Donnie Redd, etc........

He is about 5"6 and weighs in about 140lbs! Not a ounce of fat on this Kid! He just has a knack for being in on every play! Best thing about this kid is he is a good person and a great teammate!

That's why I said 15 yrs......:thumb: :thumb: . Marty had tree trunks for legs..The guy would blow people up.........:ylsuper: :ylsuper:

I should have known when you said 15years you had another bird in mind:D If you ask almost anybody in Nky that played against "Mr. Irrelevant", they will tell you he was an animal. It was almost not even fair to watch him explode on other high school kids.:scared:

David Harlan is small but he plays with heart. And yes in the mid-90's Kinte Bess, Ben Kinley would lay you out. Also Danville had some guys that go by Wesley Cloud, Joey Lofton, Mario Berry, Kenny Gambrel and Buddy Trumbo that would take a person out. But yea David Harlan just like Kinte Bess wears the #21 jersey and hits like Kinte Bess period.

Here's another vote for Harlan. He's absolutely fearless.

Chris Lewis from Mecer County will flat out knock you down.

 

6'3" 215 and lets it fly.

Bobby Leffew 6'4 245 from Boyle County, who had 232 tackles and 5 picks during his senior year, as well as Matt Quinn 6'2 225 from Boyle, Both hit very very hard. They both played MLB during their tenure at Boyle/.

The fullback from Fleming Co.

pound for pound I think Marty Reagan from Rockcastle was the hardest hitter I ever saw. Their are running backs all over eastern Ky as well as Highlands and Cov Cath who I think would agree. At 5 ft. seven and 155 he put more good running backs out of the game than anyone I ever saw.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.