Hardest Hitters you've seen or played against?

WILDMAN

The hardest hitting player I ever had to practice against was probably a player nobody will remember but his name is Bryan Veatch- played at Bellevue from 84-87. I was a freshman and he was a senior...I just remember the sick feeling standing in Hamburger Drill line...counting the number in the opposite line and seeing him over there. I just remember I was the tackler and he was the ball carrier...he waited for me and basically just head butted me....didnt even use his shoulder pads...just butted me. I actually saw stars.......

Hardest hitters I have seen in high school probably Marty Moore Highlands High school

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gary Nussbaum, '79 grad, Beechwood. Went on to kick of EKU and usually made every tackle after he kicked off, destroying the so-called wall.

If this is who I think it is... he has one heckuva an athletic 6th grade son who I know can definitely play hoops... havent seen him on the football field though.

Matt Quinn is the hardest hitter I have watched, on both sides of the ball. Not only could he punish you as a linebacker but he would flat out clean your clock running the ball too.

Belfry has had some hard hitters, Tyler Bostic stands out to me. On that 2003 State Championship season he gave at least 3 people concussions.

The two hardest hits that come to mind for me are:

-Belfry vs. Russell 2004... Josh Gross gets introduced to David Jones at the goalline. The usually sure handed gross got hit so hard the ball rolled off his fingers.

-2001 2A Title Game, Bardstown vs. Pburg- BGP's very own gish28 got absolutely blown up on a punt return.

On the offensive side of the ball...

In all my years of watching football at all levels I have never seen a more devastating stiffarm than what Doug Howard threw on Joe Blackburn of Pburg. It was so fierce that there even was an entire thread started on it a couple times and three weeks later when Blackburn was the WYMT Player of the Week... his stardom was actually dulled because WYMT asked him about that hit and proceeded to show the replay about 5 times HAHA Howard literally knocked Blackburn at least 5-6 yards.

From Trinity off the top of my head....

Corey Taylor - 1995

Reggie White - 1995

Bryan Rader - 1992

Anthony Wajda - 1998 (?)

Shannon Gerlack - 1994

I would agree with Corey Taylor. I played ball w/ him at the next level. Very hard nosed. Anthony did graduate in 1998, I played against him as well, but not the hitter CT was. :thumb:

David Harlan #21 140lb linebacker for Danville! Last year against Frankfort the first play of the game.Frankfort tried to run the ball over there left tackle and David was right there for the hit.Seems like that play dictated the rest of the game! Anyone that was at that game knows the the play Im talking about!

Harlan is 5'4" weighs 128 lbs

1. Cumberland vs. Cawood 2003 , Cumberland Jamal Battle lays a blindside block on the Cawood guy and he goes down for about 15 minutes. He was later on the sideline and was asked questions and couldn't answer them straight.

A very Nice hit, I'll agree, But what you said wasn't 100% correct.

That was a hard call, could have been clipping.....

Tim Engle was the player that was hit, and anyone that knew Tim knew he was hard nosed....

My Point, Good hit, Timmy was back on the Field 2 or 3 plays later. :thumb:

From SK I'd say Craig "Nails" Cooper, Craig weight around 140, state champ in wrestling as a Sr., played MLB. I coached Coop as a frosh, and I knew he'd be a great player, one of the hardest hits I've ever seen from him came against Beechwood during his Sr season, I can't remember if it was against Bwood RB Peach or Martella but it was one for the ages, I believe GT was there and I know he remembers the hit. Jordan Nevels' brother Joe was a heavy hitter also, he played FS and he could lay the wood for a man of smaller stature.

As far as players I played against Dave Wilson (CovCath) comes to mind, I remember throwing two passes against the Colonels and he took out my TE and a receiver in back to back plays as a S.

Fred Dean - Lawrence County

Got to agree with you. One of the hardest hitters I have seen in high school. He could sure more than stand people up, he would put them on their back side and then give them a hand up.:thumb:

I don't know if he's the hardest hitter I've seen but the Ashland kid who hit the Pestonburg kid last year was the hardest hit I've ever seen. I was the covering official on the play and it was a great CLEAN legal hard hit. We as a crew regreted not penalizing the celebration after the hit but the hit itself was clean and bone-crushingly hard.

Micheal Tackett of JC is one of the best hitters than I have seen. Last night against Ashland he set the tone early in the game when he busted through the line and completely ran through Matt Thomas. I really dont think Thomas wanted the ball in his hands after that hit.