October 19, 200619 yr ....He is a silent cancer.....Everywhere he goes, his team loses, no matter what kind of talent he is surrounded by.Do you mean in the playoffs, regular season or both....:confused:
October 19, 200619 yr I wouldn't trade a soul on the Reds for him. He is a silent cancer.....Everywhere he goes, his team loses, no matter what kind of talent he is surrounded by. The Yankees won't win another title until he leaves, if he is traded to the Cubs, the Yanks will probably win it all next year. They did win a couple of division titles with Alex. He didn't help much this season, but that's how it goes. Some players have bad seasons.
October 19, 200619 yr So, if I follow, if the Reds got A-Rod, we could reasonably expect to make it to the playoffs, but lose somewhere shy of a WS ring! Then, by all means, let's trade for him, we're at least guaranteed to make it to the playoffs, yippee! And then in the off chance we lost in game 6 of the LCS, BGP would light up with the same folk as in this thread, calling for his dismissal as a choke artist, he's a cancer. He would have just taken us farther than Jr. or Dunn or any of the previous stars we love so much but he couldn't bring us a ring. If there's a more screwed up logic, I haven't seen it!
October 19, 200619 yr That does seem screwy. But, one has to remember that the Reds will start off OK. They will then take the lead in the NL Central, then lose a few but keep the wild card lead, and then fall into oblivion by the end of the season. The Reds are full of chokers. And will be until the pitching situation is resolved. Boy, am I going to be grilled now.
October 19, 200619 yr For the Reds to get A-Rod, it will take a package that will likely include either Harang or Bailey, Encarnacion, and Votto. As a Reds fan, is it worth it to get A-Rod and only give up one pitcher, albeit one of your organization's best?
October 19, 200619 yr That does seem screwy. But, one has to remember that the Reds will start off OK. They will then take the lead in the NL Central, then lose a few but keep the wild card lead, and then fall into oblivion by the end of the season. The Reds are full of chokers. And will be until the pitching situation is resolved. Boy, am I going to be grilled now. You've been talking to Strike3 haven't you?
October 19, 200619 yr Boys, I hope I'm not being redundant here, but this thread is useless IMO for a couple of reasons. 1. IF the Yankees are in the market to unload one of the league's top 3 players in AR, then you can bet the Reds can't afford him. 2. the more likely trade scenario if he comes to the NL is obviously Chicago with Lou and they have a very qualified 3rd baseman in Aramis who could adequately fill the offensive void and more than fill the defensive void left by ARod. 3. The Reds front office has made no mention (at least that I'm aware of ) of loosening the purse strings that significantly as to add that much salary, and frankly if it did, I'd much prefer to add Zito to what we have without trading anyone, depleting future hope. Of course, that's if all things are equal.
October 19, 200619 yr Yea, it's useless. Maybe the Reds front office reads here on BGP, though. Hmmmm..... And all of us GM's aren't getting paid a dime. :irked:
October 19, 200619 yr You've been talking to Strike3 haven't you? ....:lol: I'm available for a consulting fee SD, just let me know. Boys, I hope I'm not being redundant here, but this thread is useless IMO for a couple of reasons.....Agree, the Reds more than likely can't afford and therefore, wouldn't go after....but Latch put in his first sentence "I know it won't happen but"....so this is a speculation thread of a potential trade value, for A-Rod to the Reds.
October 19, 200619 yr ARod isn't going anywhere. Maybe the Reds can get Sheffield and give us some pitching. Jason Sandridge maybe and some others.
October 19, 200619 yr ARod isn't going anywhere. Maybe the Reds can get Sheffield and give us some pitching. Jason Sandridge maybe and some others. Sheffield???? Are we looking for an old man with a giant contract?
October 19, 200619 yr Sheffield???? Are we looking for an old man with a giant contract? They signed Griffey didn't they?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.