Walton-Verona 67 Campbell County 64

Agree, but with Miles at full strength, they would have been the hands-down favorite.

True - and if you saw my 8th Region pre-season rankings, you'll see that W-V was on top - but that's not relevant anymore. What is relevant is that the Bearcats are an amazing team. (The one on the court now) No sense crying over spilled milk. This group has earned plenty of kudos on their own.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There wasn't a favorite in the 8th at anytime this season. Oldham, south Oldham, Walton Verona, Simon Kenton, Collins , Anderson County, Spencer County and Gallatin County can beat anyone on any given night. The fans of each particular school think they are the favorite, but I'm not sure anyone is a clear cut favorite. Miles is a gifted shot blocker, but he is an offensive liability.

There wasn't a favorite in the 8th at anytime this season. Oldham, south Oldham, Walton Verona, Simon Kenton, Collins , Anderson County, Spencer County and Gallatin County can beat anyone on any given night. The fans of each particular school think they are the favorite, but I'm not sure anyone is a clear cut favorite. Miles is a gifted shot blocker, but he is an offensive liability.

I do not agree. His offensive game lacks refinement, and is not on a par with his defensive skills, but no way would I call it a liability. And what I mean by that is even if he could not play defense, he still is on the floor, posting up and being the first option. I have seen his offensive skills be the deciding factor in very, very high caliber AAU games, posting up and finishing and at the free throw line. In high school basketball, I would take his offensive package every day and twice on Sunday. It could be better, I will grant you that, but still not anywhere near a liability, in my opinion, of course.

I do not agree. His offensive game lacks refinement, and is not on a par with his defensive skills, but no way would I call it a liability. And what I mean by that is even if he could not play defense, he still is on the floor, posting up and being the first option. I have seen his offensive skills be the deciding factor in very, very high caliber AAU games, posting up and finishing and at the free throw line. In high school basketball, I would take his offensive package every day and twice on Sunday. It could be better, I will grant you that, but still not anywhere near a liability, in my opinion, of course.
Have no idea of the numbers but for such a big lanky kid I’ve been extremely impressed with his free throw shooting.

Have no idea of the numbers but for such a big lanky kid I’ve been extremely impressed with his free throw shooting.

OK so you made me look

In 9 games this year he is 17-24 for 70.8%

Last year was 85-123 for 69.1%

Reality is, you can't even look at this year's statistics for him. The only game he was truly healthy was Dixie. His Improvement at the end of last season was great, but his offense improvement over the spring, summer and fall had him on track to be one of the top players in Northern Kentucky offensively and he was already a premier game changer defensively. He made great strides over the AAU season and I look for him to develop even further between now and the next school season. If he recovers fully from the injury he is only scratching the surface of his potential. It will be interesting to see where he ends up playing beyond high school.

Just my two cents; I think Miles has only scratched the surface of his offensive potential. Raw, maybe. But definitely talented, with a ton of upside.

He could play for me any day! :lol2::lol2::lol2:

Agree, but losing a season on the hardwood has to hurt, next question, does he play summer ball this year.