Walton-Verona 67 Campbell County 64

I would say WV had the more difficult follow up game. They just came off their most important victory of the season in a highly intense, high level played game that went down to the wire.

To recover emotionally and win at Campbell County three days later is very impressive.

WV had 3 days to recovery? That is 3 days, meaning they had 3 days to get their legs back. CC had 0 days. Not making excuses but to say WV winning after having 3 days off compared to CC’s 0 is funny to me.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WV had 3 days to recovery? That is 3 days, meaning they had 3 days to get their legs back. CC had 0 days. Not making excuses but to say WV winning after having 3 days off compared to CC’s 0 is funny to me.

How many points is Miles worth to the Bearcats? If the Camels want to win their District/Regional they will need to be prepared to win consecutive nights. Just give credit where it's due and move on. The Camels may be a better team right now but they weren't last night.

How many points is Miles worth to the Bearcats? If the Camels want to win their District/Regional they will need to be prepared to win consecutive nights. Just give credit where it's due and move on. The Camels may be a better team right now but they weren't last night.

I never discredited WV but to say it was tougher on them after 3 days rest is kind of funny to me.

I never discredited WV but to say it was tougher on them after 3 days rest is kind of funny to me.

May be splitting hairs here but unless there has been an extra day added to a week not sure how WV being off Thur/Fri equals 3 days of rest?

Campbell's big 3 had solid games, looks to me like WV took one of Campbell's better shots and still won at Campbell. Day, Clos and Jolly shot a combined 22/36 and Jolly was 3/5 from 3.

May be splitting hairs here but unless there has been an extra day added to a week not sure how WV being off Thur/Fri equals 3 days of rest?

Campbell's big 3 had solid games, looks to me like WV took one of Campbell's better shots and still won at Campbell. Day, Clos and Jolly shot a combined 22/36 and Jolly was 3/5 from 3.

I was quoting someone else. They still had 2 days off after none for CC so to me the point is not of importance to even bring up in the discussion by the previous poster.

I was quoting someone else. They still had 2 days off after none for CC so to me the point is not of importance to even bring up in the discussion by the previous poster.

Exactly why I brought up the point of Campbell's big 3 playing well, kind of irrelevant the amount of days off for either team when Campbell's best players all had solid games- doesn't look like the quick turnaround affected them at all.

Love watching the Miles kid, but I think we do a disservice to Brannan's team when we keep saying "wow, they did it without Miles." Miles is a great player, and I'm really looking forward to him playing again next year in the 8th....but Walton-Verona is a darn good team - especially defensively - without him. They may well win the 8th - without him.

Love watching the Miles kid, but I think we do a disservice to Brannan's team when we keep saying "wow, they did it without Miles." Miles is a great player, and I'm really looking forward to him playing again next year in the 8th....but Walton-Verona is a darn good team - especially defensively - without him. They may well win the 8th - without him.

Agree, but with Miles at full strength, they would have been the hands-down favorite.