January 15, 20188 yr Hawaii is a paradise but odd place. I have a relative there and on more than one occasion when calling the tsunami siren went off. It seems they have a siren for everything as well as let anyone control them..
January 16, 20188 yr Japan broadcaster sends false North Korea missile alert Seems as if Japan had a similar event this week.
January 17, 20188 yr Hawaii is a paradise but odd place. I have a relative there and on more than one occasion when calling the tsunami siren went off. I've been there for a tsunami siren blast. It was real. They evacuated our hotel. Ended up being a 5' swell that did get into hotel property. Hate to hear they have a lot of false alarms, People tend to tune out those things after a while.
January 18, 20188 yr I've been there for a tsunami siren blast. It was real. They evacuated our hotel. Ended up being a 5' swell that did get into hotel property. Hate to hear they have a lot of false alarms, People tend to tune out those things after a while. Yes, I believe it was Fox that ran a “Cry Wolf” article and how the false alarm did much more harm than we realize.
January 30, 20188 yr Now the truth comes out about this. The person thought there was a legit threat during a surprise test. False Hawaii Missile Alert Sent After Drill Recording Said 'This Is Not A Drill' : The Two-Way : NPR
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.