Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

False Ballistic Missile Warning

Featured Replies

I don't think we could secretly attack a country. We would know.
Wouldn’t it be more effective if we didn’t know about it?
  • Replies 37
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wouldn’t it be more effective if we didn’t know about it?

 

I'm just saying, in today's world, it would get out.

 

There's no way someone fired a ballistic missile at the United States and no one knows about it.

I'm just saying, in today's world, it would get out.

 

There's no way someone fired a ballistic missile at the United States and no one knows about it.

You’re probably right. But we definitely aren’t being told about everything. I don’t believe it was just some mistake.

It's nice to know that Mr. Miyagi is in charge of everything:

 

Vern Miyagi, who oversees the Hawaii Emergency Management Agency (EMA), said at a news conference late Saturday that the civil defense employee who pushed the wrong button regrets what took place.

 

An emergency alert of Hawaii's Emergency Management Agency, which was sent to the islands early Saturday morning, read: "BALLISTIC MISSILE THREAT INBOUND TO HAWAII. SEEK IMMEDIATE SHELTER. THIS IS NOT A DRILL."

 

"This guy feels bad, right. He's not doing this on purpose - it was a mistake on his part and he feels terrible about it," said Miyagi in a press conference Saturday afternoon.

 

Miyagi, a retired Army major general, said the employee would be "counseled and drilled so this never happens again," but he did not say whether there would be disciplinary measures.

 

Rather than triggering a test of the system, it went into actual event mode. He confirmed that to trigger the alert, there is a two-step process involving only one employee — who both triggers the alarm, then also confirms it.

 

"There is a screen that says, 'Are you sure you want to do this?'" Miyagi said. The employee confirmed the alert, inadvertently causing a panic in a state already on edge over saber-rattling missile threats from North Korea.

 

Hawaii's false missile threat: Worker 'feels terrible' after pushing the wrong button | Fox News

I've seen this hinted at elsewhere...

 

It's likely just conspiracy theorists but when you put some of the things from the recent days it does make a little sense.

 

The first few articles I read about the accidental alert said it would be really hard for the alert to be an accident because there are several people that are involved in activating the alert. Also it took 40 minutes before the alert was deactivated and claimed to be a false alarm. One of the reason's for that was that Norad, or the Pacific Fleet, or someone like that (I forget who it was) said that once the alert is activated they have to determine themselves that there is no threat before the alert can be deactivated.

 

Throw in the fact that there was movement in North Korea last week that indicated a possible missile test and it does raise the question as to whether they did fire something that was on a trajectory to at least come close to Hawaii.

 

Also in other news, just after the false alarm we moved three nuclear capable B-2 Stealth Bombers to Guam, as well as have an aircraft carrier on the move in that region. It's probably nothing because one would think we would have already acted if there really was a threat.

It's nice to know that Mr. Miyagi is in charge of everything:

 

Vern Miyagi, who oversees the Hawaii Emergency Management Agency (EMA), said at a news conference late Saturday that the civil defense employee who pushed the wrong button regrets what took place.

 

An emergency alert of Hawaii's Emergency Management Agency, which was sent to the islands early Saturday morning, read: "BALLISTIC MISSILE THREAT INBOUND TO HAWAII. SEEK IMMEDIATE SHELTER. THIS IS NOT A DRILL."

 

"This guy feels bad, right. He's not doing this on purpose - it was a mistake on his part and he feels terrible about it," said Miyagi in a press conference Saturday afternoon.

 

Miyagi, a retired Army major general, said the employee would be "counseled and drilled so this never happens again," but he did not say whether there would be disciplinary measures.

 

Rather than triggering a test of the system, it went into actual event mode. He confirmed that to trigger the alert, there is a two-step process involving only one employee — who both triggers the alarm, then also confirms it.

 

"There is a screen that says, 'Are you sure you want to do this?'" Miyagi said. The employee confirmed the alert, inadvertently causing a panic in a state already on edge over saber-rattling missile threats from North Korea.

Hawaii's false missile threat: Worker 'feels terrible' after pushing the wrong button | Fox News

 

How does the bolded accidentally happen? Is the icon that activates the alert next to the dudes Facebook app and he accidentally clicked the wrong one, then when it said "are you sure you want to do this" he must have thought it was some new Facebook security protocol?

 

That would be similar to me accidentally clicking to format my hard drive and wipe it clean and then when windows asked if I was sure I wanted to do that because it would erase all of my files, I accidentally click yes, again. Aint happenin..

Yeah, I'd assume they'd try covert operations to eliminate the threat first.

If there is a country firing missiles at us I don't think you can take the chance or time it would take for an operation like that. You turn in the country into a crater and sort it out after. I don't think you can give them the chance to fire another one.

If there is a country firing missiles at us I don't think you can take the chance or time it would take for an operation like that. You turn in the country into a crater and sort it out after. I don't think you can give them the chance to fire another one.

 

Could be that the "False" alert was sent out hoping that we might do just that...just another possible therory.

Could be that the "False" alert was sent out hoping that we might do just that...just another possible therory.

 

When in doubt, blame Russia.

Could be that the "False" alert was sent out hoping that we might do just that...just another possible therory.

I'm sure there are tons of conspiracy theories already. I've yet to hear a conspiracy theory I've ever bought for a second. Not just on this but pretty much anything.

I'm sure there are tons of conspiracy theories already. I've yet to hear a conspiracy theory I've ever bought for a second. Not just on this but pretty much anything.

 

I agree, the simplest answer in the right one in almost every case.

I agree, the simplest answer in the right one in almost every case.

Especially considering nothing came of it.

Could be that the "False" alert was sent out hoping that we might do just that...just another possible therory.

 

That would rank right up there with the theory that Roosevelt knew the Japanese were going to bomb Pearl Harbor, and let it happen, knowing it would give him a valid reason for joining WWII.

Hawaii is a paradise but odd place. I have a relative there and on more than one occasion when calling the tsunami siren went off.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.