NewCath 1A proposed District for 2019

sidelinedoc

There has been a proposed District for NewCath in 2019. It would place them in a district with Raceland and Paintsville. I am not against good competition but year in and year out, these will be 3 of your best teams in 1A. I am not sure that this is good for the class as a whole and it is definitely not good to have this kind of travel for regular season games, especially since they would also be District games. Again, this is a bad idea. Jmo

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe New Cath will request to play up to 2A if they get put in that district. And it is not about the competition. New Cath usually plays one of the the toughest schedules in the state for small schools. I don't think they will want to have teams that far away as their annual district rival games.

Guys- someone called me this morning & told me about the KHSAA district maps online. I have to believe that is a working document/transition document. I don’t believe Mercer is in a district without Boyle, and our new district includes Pendleton, Russell (Flatwoods) , Fleming, Mason & Lewis.... & Taylor County.

Can you imagine the travel for Taylor Co. to Flatwoods???

Guys- someone called me this morning & told me about the KHSAA district maps online. I have to believe that is a working document/transition document. I don’t believe Mercer is in a district without Boyle, and our new district includes Pendleton, Russell (Flatwoods) , Fleming, Mason & Lewis.... & Taylor County.

Can you imagine the travel for Taylor Co. to Flatwoods???

Mercer vs. Mason? Schedule the parade now!

Easy trip on the AA for New Cath to Raceland. Be great games love the idea.

I agree. I’d love to play NewCath. I think you can look at who we play Year in and year out. Raceland will play quality teams. The Paintsville game is another 90 min from Raceland down US23. That is a little less appealing. Depending on how the home/away games fall on the schedule, we (Raceland) would travel 2 plus hours to NewCath and 1 1/2 hours to Paintsville. That sucks logistically for the most meaningful games you play in the regular season.

As I stated in the classification thread and ChiefSmoke posted above, the online map has to be a work in progress. Too many weird districts. In the couple classes I looked at, the weird districts appear to include schools changing class. I think they are just plugging in the new schools on the map and will figure it out as things develop.