Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NewCath 1A proposed District for 2019

Featured Replies

There has been a proposed District for NewCath in 2019. It would place them in a district with Raceland and Paintsville. I am not against good competition but year in and year out, these will be 3 of your best teams in 1A. I am not sure that this is good for the class as a whole and it is definitely not good to have this kind of travel for regular season games, especially since they would also be District games. Again, this is a bad idea. Jmo

  • Replies 31
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe New Cath will request to play up to 2A if they get put in that district. And it is not about the competition. New Cath usually plays one of the the toughest schedules in the state for small schools. I don't think they will want to have teams that far away as their annual district rival games.

Guys- someone called me this morning & told me about the KHSAA district maps online. I have to believe that is a working document/transition document. I don’t believe Mercer is in a district without Boyle, and our new district includes Pendleton, Russell (Flatwoods) , Fleming, Mason & Lewis.... & Taylor County.

 

Can you imagine the travel for Taylor Co. to Flatwoods???

  • Author

I agree. Annual travel costs plus attendance (Gate revenue) will be hurt. Plus, leaving school early and travel lag on the players. Just not a good idea. I realize, as I said in the thread title, this is just a proposal, but definitely not a good idea.

Guys- someone called me this morning & told me about the KHSAA district maps online. I have to believe that is a working document/transition document. I don’t believe Mercer is in a district without Boyle, and our new district includes Pendleton, Russell (Flatwoods) , Fleming, Mason & Lewis.... & Taylor County.

 

Can you imagine the travel for Taylor Co. to Flatwoods???

 

Mercer vs. Mason? Schedule the parade now!

Why wouldn’t they and Beechwood just swap spots in the 2 NKY districts?

  • Author
Why wouldn’t they and Beechwood just swap spots in the 2 NKY districts?

That would make too much sense. LOL

Easy trip on the AA for New Cath to Raceland. Be great games love the idea.

Raceland could play up in 2A. At West Carter we played up in 3A because of being placed in a all NKY District including NewCath.

  • Author
Easy trip on the AA for New Cath to Raceland. Be great games love the idea.

I agree. I’d love to play NewCath. I think you can look at who we play Year in and year out. Raceland will play quality teams. The Paintsville game is another 90 min from Raceland down US23. That is a little less appealing. Depending on how the home/away games fall on the schedule, we (Raceland) would travel 2 plus hours to NewCath and 1 1/2 hours to Paintsville. That sucks logistically for the most meaningful games you play in the regular season.

  • Author
Raceland could play up in 2A. At West Carter we played up in 3A because of being placed in a all NKY District including NewCath.

I guess that is another possibility. Wasn’t really thinking about moving up.

As I stated in the classification thread and ChiefSmoke posted above, the online map has to be a work in progress. Too many weird districts. In the couple classes I looked at, the weird districts appear to include schools changing class. I think they are just plugging in the new schools on the map and will figure it out as things develop.

Mercer vs. Mason? Schedule the parade now!

 

That is one game I don't want to ever play!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.