Cooper style of play bad for basketball

I don't mean your headline I mean the one the writer of the article in the Herald Leader used. I know you were just posting the article. A better headline could've been used by Josh Moore when he wrote the story, but like I said, click bait for him. Notorious with him.

Sportswriters don't write the headlines for their stories. That is someone else's job.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make no mistake about it Cooper wants to play fast. It is not their fault teams can't find shots early in the possession and sometimes will run more than a minute off the clock. I think they are blaming "low scoring" on the wrong team. Let's see a team jack up quick shots against the Jags and see how many points they run up.

Cooper's style is how a lot of the state views NKY ball. I once asked Jason Booher what the difference was between NKY and the rest of the state. He said NKY players play a much more physical style of basketball which leads to longer possessions and less running up and down the floor.

I agree, if you go watch the game on NHFS network, you will see why the Jags beat this team. They were long and athletic, but they could not guard. That's why when the Jags attacked the rim, they scored and/or drew fouls. Also, amazing how a simple ball/shot fake got them in the air and the jags exploited this. That team was taken out of their comfort zone and could not adjust. Hacking and being physical did not intimidate the jags. Fundamentals, execution, toughness and superior coaching made the difference. Personally, the "style" of play I like in any sport is a ""winning" one! #keepdoingyou

I completely agree with this. Fundamentals plus execution equals discipline. Any team as disciplined as Cooper is on both ends of the floor will win a lot of games. Cooper is very fun to watch IMO. Look forward to seeing them play any time and especially in the Regional.

Good lord this article is ludicrous. Playing defense is now somehow bad for the game? :lol2: Are people saying UVA is bad for the game of basketball as well, because Cooper essentially follows the same mold.

I don't really think that is the intent of the article at all.

"bad for basketball" in the headline is in quotes. The paper is clearly mocking the quote from the out of state assistant coach here and the article is basically saying that - regardless of what anyone else thinks - Cooper is successful by doing what they need to do.

I don't see this as a derogatory article towards Cooper at all.

I don't really think that is the intent of the article at all.

"bad for basketball" in the headline is in quotes. The paper is clearly mocking the quote from the out of state assistant coach here and the article is basically saying that - regardless of what anyone else thinks - Cooper is successful by doing what they need to do.

I don't see this as a derogatory article towards Cooper at all.

Fair enough.

To me Cooper is a fun team to watch. Went to the Kentucky-Louisville game and hung around Lexington (right around a two hour trip one way for me) to watch them play at Lex Cath. They play hard, smart, can all handle the ball and shoot. Also really like their coach. They remind me a lot of last years Scott team.