Open Job: Grant County

theguru

Possibly, better baseball player than football player if I remember correctly.

For sure a better baseball player. Dude was a stud on the diamond. I just remember watching him play and heard he got some looks as a football player as well. It is GC though so how much stock I put into hearing he got some DI looks is questionable, but I do know he was definitely a hell of an athlete.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For sure a better baseball player. Dude was a stud on the diamond. I just remember watching him play and heard he got some looks as a football player as well. It is GC though so how much stock I put into hearing he got some DI looks is questionable, but I do know he was definitely a hell of an athlete.

True on everything. Unfortunately I think Dillon lasted two months in college.

Yes it is a late start. It wastes spring practice time. Offseason time that can used to work with players and staff. Fundraising could be going on. All of these things are very important in conjunction with coming back into district play in 19.

Yes it is a late start. It wastes spring practice time. Offseason time that can used to work with players and staff. Fundraising could be going on. All of these things are very important in conjunction with coming back into district play in 19.

I think I would rather wait and get a late start, than rush a hire and have them coming into a situation that changed due to positions and budgets.

As bad as it sounds, is Grant County really a spring practice window away from competing with teams this year? I honestly think, unless they have positions confirmed, that they aren't hurting themselves by waiting. Have a full list of jobs to better be able to find the right person.

I think I would rather wait and get a late start, than rush a hire and have them coming into a situation that changed due to positions and budgets.

As bad as it sounds, is Grant County really a spring practice window away from competing with teams this year? I honestly think, unless they have positions confirmed, that they aren't hurting themselves by waiting. Have a full list of jobs to better be able to find the right person.

Being its a new coach, new system, doesnt know the talent on the roster, in this cause, its a bigger deal than normal.

All of these things are very important in conjunction with coming back into district play in 19.

Makes me wonder why the former coach wanted this so bad and then leaves to make someone else try to fix it.

Makes me wonder why the former coach wanted this so bad and then leaves to make someone else try to fix it.

Lets be clear the previous coach got the job in very late May or early June, because the previous coach failed to complete his certification to teach in KY and could not be rehired for the next year, he was already on staff. Not saying he didnt want the job, but it was a last minute hire to some extent.

I understand you’re thinking but there are issues. Look at this timeline line.

May interviews (we’ll assume beginning of May).

Hired 2nd week of May.

3 weeks to find, organize and somehow find money to play in some 7 on 7.

Roughly 5 weeks to talk to current staff to see if they fit and will stay. 5 weeks to teach them how you want things done. 5 weeks to star looking at next seasons film of opponents and reviewing film from last year. 5 weeks to find fundraising and get it approved. The team currently has less than 500.00 and might even be in the negative. You’re losing time in the weight room, spring football and recruiting players.

I believe the last two coaches and maybe 3 out of the last 4 have been late hires.