Steve Lyons fired by Fox

LRCW

This is just a sign of the times anymore...you can't say anything even in joking about any group or individual. JMO but we have the ACLU to thank for all of this and what it has turned in to. I believe that this was meant as a joke and the comanies / networks are way too afraid of offending someone, it' a load of crap but that's the way it is anymore.

This is just a sign of the times anymore...you can't say anything even in joking about any group or individual. JMO but we have the ACLU to thank for all of this and what it has turned in to. I believe that this was meant as a joke and the comanies / networks are way too afraid of offending someone, it' a load of crap but that's the way it is anymore.

I don't think this has anything to do with the ACLU. More likely, it's a PC thing, though I can't figure out what he said that struck a chord.

You have got to be kidding me!!! They fired him over that??? I want to know who complained. That should be made public.

I agree. I'm not sure what he said that could have been taken offensively, he was joking with his broadcast partner.

I don't think this has anything to do with the ACLU. More likely, it's a PC thing, though I can't figure out what he said that struck a chord.

PC, true; as ENFORCED by ACLU lawsuits.

Always been the joking type and part of his appeal. Not sure this would fall into the offensive category, worthy of being fired.

I enjoyed his comments more, than when Pinella would state what he would do, every time a situation was presented.

Wasn't he fired for insinuating/joking that because he was sitting close to a guy speaking Spanish that he was in fear of losing his wallet? Am I not reading it correctly?

This year he had a lot to say about Shawn Green taking off a Jewish Holiday. He said something about him not being barmitsfahed (sp) and missing out on the money. Him and Thom also made fun of a blind man's glasses for about three innings.

Well, lets assume that Fox has a decent amount of Latino viewers for its baseball broadcasts. Should we be surprised that a member of its staff was fired for making negative stereotypes of some (and probably growing) of its view base?

Steve Lyons is obviously not very intelligent since this was not the first time.

I believe FOX was also upset with him over something he said in the Mets-Dodgers playoffs. The camera showed a nearly blind man who was wearing a special device to watch the game, and Lyons commented (while laughing) that the man looked like he had a digital camera attached to his face.

I believe FOX was also upset with him over something he said in the Mets-Dodgers playoffs. The camera showed a nearly blind man who was wearing a special device to watch the game, and Lyons commented (while laughing) that the man looked like he had a digital camera attached to his face.

But Thom was leading that discussion.