Lloyd Memorial @ Mercer Co.

jrider111

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know who said Newport wasnt a good team. But from our side of the fence that had to be an isolated incident. I think Lloyd has to be able to absorb that first knockout punch cause it will come. If they sustain that and come back swinging then you never know what might happen.

Even in the the worst rout Lloyd took this year, (Bishop Ready 65-0 and I dont think any team in NKY could have beaten them) the Juggs never let up. They are a scrappy bunch and the defense gets better every game. I hope this game is a war and everyone leaves it all out on the field.:thumb:

Yes Mercer has a good team with alot of players you say 22 seniors, Lloyd has 6 seniors and will be around the next couple of years. This Lloyd team has come along way since the summer and will give Mercer a good game. Lloyd is a legit 2A team and Mercer next year if I am not mistaking will be 5A. I wish Mercer the best of luck this year and if you can honestly say Newport was not a good team you are truly wrong. This District is still wide open depending on Friday nites outcome and I would not sell the Juggernauts short. Good Luck Juggs. JD

Mercer is a legit 2A team this year, I checked the KHSAA website and sure enough, Mercer is still a 2A team.

Mercer is a legit 2A team this year, I checked the KHSAA website and sure enough, Mercer is still a 2A team.

You know...it is what is! The KHSAA made it this way and like it or not you've got to play the hand your dealt. Everyone just needs to drop it and play football.:irked: I seriously doubt if Mercer wins the 2A state championship there will be an * next to their name on the trophy.:confused:

I was not implying Mercer was anything more than a 2A team in 2006 and they will be fighting for a 2A State Championship and I am not taking anything away from them. LMHSDaddy like you said play with the hand you are dealt and Lloyd has definitely done this all year. They are young and will take their lumps however, they don't quit. I wish them only the best and I am very impressed with what they have done so far in the District. JD

What's up with LLoyd ... they should be better year in and out ... We played them in 2003 they beat us with some skill and size ...

They are in a down cycle in terms of size. I think the largest kid on the team is 235. They were lucky to have the right mix of SRs and SOPHs for a few years, but that didn't happen to back up the 04 class. There was plenty of talent on last years team, but most of them were SRs and out with injuries. The youth program still looks solid, and they should be back to normal in another year or two...

Seven Seniors, Four of which actually had playing time last season, doesnt yeild a lot of experience. Your right GT I think Grier weights 235-240 and then it falls off fast. I think Landers is next at a sevelt:LOL: 220. JJ Hall is quite quick and Cedric Walker is only a step behind.

Ha i agree 100%, that kid can fly. There aren't too many players in the state faster than him, and there definately is not 11 kids on 1 team faster, that I am sure of.

State Track Meet

JJ Hall 200 time 23.08 100 - 11.74

Cory Jackson 200 - 22.35 100 11.15

Brandon Ford 100 - 11.34

:D