Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wymt Mountain Top 10?

Featured Replies

The show wasn't even aired around here.

Knox pulled off a big win over Clay.

 

Belfry blew a 22 point lead.

 

 

Another excitng night of football

It looks pretty solid to me. The only adjustment that I would make would be to slide Bell Co. up to #3 and move Middlesboro down to #4.

It looks pretty solid to me. The only adjustment that I would make would be to slide Bell Co. up to #3 and move Middlesboro down to #4.

 

I would certainly agree. Since the Middlesboro fans have made it clear that it is the coach's decision not to play Bell..one parent today said," they just felt we were not on the level of competition with Bell...!!" I wonder how they feel now that they have a good team and could give Bell a competitive game. They don't deserve to be ranked ahead on paper when they refuse to play on the field! IMO

Yeah its really a shame to see Middlesboro ahead of Bell Couny. Dont get me wrong I think they have a great team this year. And have a high-powered offense and deserve credit. But Middlesboro is ranked ahead of a team their coach refuses to play.

JMHO, I've seen both play and middlesboro is the better offensive team anyway. Bell is a much better defensive team.......

 

If Knox Central is the #10 team in the mountains, the mountains are week this year. I would think several teams not ranked would beat KC this year including one in the same county....

I think Middlesboro belongs where they are. I was of the opinion that Belfry was the team to beat in that region in 2a. Sheldon Clark had something to say about that! Middlesboro HAS to be the favorite in that region right now.

 

As for Middlesboro v. Bell. Unfortunately they didn't play each other this year, but I think compartive opponents will have something to say on the issue. Bell beat Corbin by 3 pts on a last minute field goal. Middlesboro beat Corbin by 20 pts in shootout. Bell beat Leslie by a td. I think Middlesboro will beat Leslie worse.

 

Take those scores for what you will, but Middlesboro being ranked above Bell certainly isn't unwarranted.

I think Middlesboro belongs where they are. I was of the opinion that Belfry was the team to beat in that region in 2a. Sheldon Clark had something to say about that! Middlesboro HAS to be the favorite in that region right now.

 

As for Middlesboro v. Bell. Unfortunately they didn't play each other this year, but I think compartive opponents will have something to say on the issue. Bell beat Corbin by 3 pts on a last minute field goal. Middlesboro beat Corbin by 20 pts in shootout. Bell beat Leslie by a td. I think Middlesboro will beat Leslie worse.

 

Take those scores for what you will, but Middlesboro being ranked above Bell certainly isn't unwarranted.

Have to agree with this. We have to be thinking this year. Most years Bell would certainly deserve a higher ranking. This year, however, is the Jacket's year so far, so until they get knocked off, they are where they should be.

I think Middlesboro belongs where they are. I was of the opinion that Belfry was the team to beat in that region in 2a. Sheldon Clark had something to say about that! Middlesboro HAS to be the favorite in that region right now.

 

As for Middlesboro v. Bell. Unfortunately they didn't play each other this year, but I think compartive opponents will have something to say on the issue. Bell beat Corbin by 3 pts on a last minute field goal. Middlesboro beat Corbin by 20 pts in shootout. Bell beat Leslie by a td. I think Middlesboro will beat Leslie worse.

 

Take those scores for what you will, but Middlesboro being ranked above Bell certainly isn't unwarranted.

 

Theres been years before where Bell has beat Mboro then lost to Corbin. Then Middlesboro beats Corbin.

Im sorry, but regardless of how good Mboro has been, Bell has dominated them for a long time now. I dont think they are that much better this year then they have been in the past 8 or 9 yrs.

Theres been years before where Bell has beat Mboro then lost to Corbin. Then Middlesboro beats Corbin.

Im sorry, but regardless of how good Mboro has been, Bell has dominated them for a long time now. I dont think they are that much better this year then they have been in the past 8 or 9 yrs.

Bell County is not as good this year as they have been in the last 8 or 9 years.

 

This is a down year for Bell County.

I think Middlesboro belongs where they are. I was of the opinion that Belfry was the team to beat in that region in 2a. Sheldon Clark had something to say about that! Middlesboro HAS to be the favorite in that region right now.

 

As for Middlesboro v. Bell. Unfortunately they didn't play each other this year, but I think compartive opponents will have something to say on the issue. Bell beat Corbin by 3 pts on a last minute field goal. Middlesboro beat Corbin by 20 pts in shootout. Bell beat Leslie by a td. I think Middlesboro will beat Leslie worse.

 

Take those scores for what you will, but Middlesboro being ranked above Bell certainly isn't unwarranted.

This comparison is always a stretch. In the whole of the season Bell has played well. According to Coach Hilton on his radio show last week, considers Leslie to be the worst game played by Bobcats all year (in rain and mud) and Corbin would be a close second. Bell played well against Henry Clay (one of top 4-A teams in KY- 9-0) and if Bobcats had made that controversial first down (poor spot and no measurement!) they run out the clock and maybe score one more time. Clay had to come from behind to win with only 4 minutes in game. That game better defines the true Bobcats. They have not been as consistent as they could be, but are young and learning. The way they held in there and nearly won the Rockcastle game at end shows how they have matured. If they keep up the pace, then they should win the next three games and meet Rockcastle again. They must take each game serious and climb each mountain one at a time. Coach Hilton will have them ready for the playoffs.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.