Final College Football Playoff Selections

16thBBall Fan

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's really hard for me to look at this Alabama team and say they are any different than the 2015 Ohio State team. Everyone knows the talent was there. They lost each lost a game to the division champion (Alabama on the road by double digits and OSU at home by a last second FG) neither had any really great wins and largely underachieved. Only 1 made the playoff. That's extremely hard for me to stomach as an OSU fan. That 2015 team rolls through Alabama and eventually Clemson in the playoffs.

The funny thing is if that 2015 season would have happened this year the exact same way. Then they probably would have put in osu over a 2 loss Michigan State team. However at that time they did truly value conference champs.

Like it or not them putting you all in last year over Penn State set a precedent that carried over to this year. That conference championship doesn't matter as much as simply as who they think is better. That precedent was set last year when they put osu at 3 ahead of 2 conference champs in Washington and Penn State.

What the committee did last year changed things. If that 2015 season had happened now, I bet they would have put osu in over Michigan State who had 2 losses and won the conference championship. Because I think everyone knew osu was one of the top 3 teams but at the time conference titles still was the trump card.

The funny thing is if that 2015 season would have happened this year the exact same way. Then they probably would have put in osu over a 2 loss Michigan State team. However at that time they did truly value conference champs.

Like it or not them putting you all in last year over Penn State set a precedent that carried over to this year. That conference championship doesn't matter as much as simply as who they think is better. That precedent was set last year when they put osu at 3 ahead of 2 conference champs in Washington and Penn State.

What the committee did last year changed things. If that 2015 season had happened now, I bet they would have put osu in over Michigan State who had 2 losses and won the conference championship. Because I think everyone knew osu was one of the top 3 teams but at the time conference titles still was the trump card.

MSU only had 1 loss in 2015. On the road at Nebraska.

Oh yeah duh I looked at msu final record and the 2nd loss was in the playoffs. So basically osu was just unlucky that year that there weren't a lot of 2 loss teams like this year.
Yep. Extremely unlucky when you look at it. That OSU team drastically underachieved and needed a swift kick in the rear end. It just sucks that it happened against an MSU team that was just mediocre. You saw first hand how good that OSU team was in the Fiesta Bowl. They were a top 4 team and would have given Bama a much better game than MSU did. It's amazing though if you look at that season the one play that cost OSU a chance at the playoff wasn't the field goal in Columbus it was that botched punt Michigan had against MSU that got returned for a touchdown to end the game. If Michigan could execute a basic punt it would have been a 3 way tie for first in the East and OSU would have had the tiebreaker. I don't remember what the tiebreaker was but I remember OSU had it.

So the craziest play I've ever witnessed in college football that I was jumping off my couch about turned out to screw OSU. I remember too my girlfriends dad said why are you so happy this hurts it OSU, I said it's always a great thing when Michigan loses. Little did I know...

Yep. Extremely unlucky when you look at it. That OSU team drastically underachieved and needed a swift kick in the rear end. It just sucks that it happened against an MSU team that was just mediocre. You saw first hand how good that OSU team was in the Fiesta Bowl. They were a top 4 team and would have given Bama a much better game than MSU did. It's amazing though if you look at that season the one play that cost OSU a chance at the playoff wasn't the field goal in Columbus it was that botched punt Michigan had against MSU that got returned for a touchdown to end the game. If Michigan could execute a basic punt it would have been a 3 way tie for first in the East and OSU would have had the tiebreaker. I don't remember what the tiebreaker was but I remember OSU had it.

So the craziest play I've ever witnessed in college football that I was jumping off my couch about turned out to screw OSU. I remember too my girlfriends dad said why are you so happy this hurts it OSU, I said it's always a great thing when Michigan loses. Little did I know...

Wow I forgot about that. Very true!

It's still the Clemson committee. Oklahoma is better.

Yeah you are right every time the committee has put Clemson in it has been a huge disappointment.

Yeah you are right every time the committee has put Clemson in it has been a huge disappointment.

I'm not saying Clemson hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt, but they were given it more than anyone else as the season went on. They would conveniently leave certain teams in the top 25 to enhance their resume, they would always talk about wins against .500 teams which is not something we've heard from the committee before. They did a lot of things this year to justify their love for Clemson.

I'm not saying Clemson hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt, but they were given it more than anyone else as the season went on. They would conveniently leave certain teams in the top 25 to enhance their resume, they would always talk about wins against .500 teams which is not something we've heard from the committee before. They did a lot of things this year to justify their love for Clemson.

I think we will find out how convenient things were for the SEC very soon.

The committee bends over backwards for the big 10, it is a joke. Clemson is a favorite because they are giant-killing blockbusters and new blood. If you believe teams were left in the top 25 to bolster Clemson I got some aluminum foil hats for sale.

I think we will find out how convenient things were for the SEC very soon.

The committee bends over backwards for the big 10, it is a joke. Clemson is a favorite because they are giant-killing blockbusters and new blood. If you believe teams were left in the top 25 to bolster Clemson I got some aluminum foil hats for sale.

You serious? Bends over backwards for the Big 10? The Big 10 doesn't have a team in the playoff. Also El Diablo meet Virginia Tech, Virginia Tech meet El Diablo.

1. Clemson

2. Oklahoma

3. Georgia

4. Alabama

5. Ohio State

6. Wisconsin

7. Auburn

8. USC

9. Penn State

10. Miami

11. Washington

12. UCF

13. Stanford

14. Notre Dame

15. TCU

16. Michigan State

17. LSU

18. Washington State

19. Oklahoma State

20. Memphis

21. Northwestern

22. Virginia Tech

23. Mississippi State

24. NC State

25. Boise State

Not that it matters but how is a 3 loss non-conference winning Auburn ahead of a 2 loss conference winning USC in the final rankings?? USC is getting no respect...

1. Clemson

2. Oklahoma

3. Georgia

4. Alabama

5. Ohio State

6. Wisconsin

7. Auburn

8. USC

9. Penn State

10. Miami

11. Washington

12. UCF

13. Stanford

14. Notre Dame

15. TCU

16. Michigan State

17. LSU

18. Washington State

19. Oklahoma State

20. Memphis

21. Northwestern

22. Virginia Tech

23. Mississippi State

24. NC State

25. Boise State

Also, how cool would this 8 team playoff have been...

5 conference champs plus Bama, Auburn and Wisconsin.

Clemson-USC, OK-Auburn, Georgia-Wisconsin and Bama-OSU

How could anyone NOT like an 8 team playoff???