Reds Decline To Renew Jim Kelch's Contract

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Changing the subject slightly: My dad absolutely detests Chris Welsh on TV and says he's a "Know It All" and will turn off the TV and listen to radio broadcasts instead because he hates him that much. I teased him that Welsh will probably move into the radio booth. Does anyone else feel this resentment towards Welsh or is my old man crazy? Is Welsh even a candidate to do radio?

Changing the subject slightly: My dad absolutely detests Chris Welsh on TV and says he's a "Know It All" and will turn off the TV and listen to radio broadcasts instead because he hates him that much. I teased him that Welsh will probably move into the radio booth. Does anyone else feel this resentment towards Welsh or is my old man crazy? Is Welsh even a candidate to do radio?

Doesn't seem like a know it all to me, I mean he was a major leaguer. I myself have no issue with Welsh

Doesn't seem like a know it all to me, I mean he was a major leaguer. I myself have no issue with Welsh

I don’t think so either but I get a charge out of countless random texts from my dad voicing his displeasure. For Christmas, I’ve ordered him a personalized Reds t shirt with Welsh on the back.

As far as Chris Welsh,and i know him a little. Played for him one year at baseball heaven, i thought he was much more opinionated when he started with the reds. But i have noticed over the past 4 or 5 years, he seems [at least to me] to have started toeing the company line. A lot less criticism. A lot more happy talk!!! rah,rah,rah!!!! I like mediocre nachos ideal for his dad,but I'd make sure the t-shirt is autographed by Chris too. ....lol!

IMO, the radio booth is going to be cluttered until Marty hangs up his microphone, is it my imagination or do the reds let Marty have a few series off now and then? I think its time for Marty to go and put someone beside the Cowboy and stand pat. Just my two cents worth.

IMO, the radio booth is going to be cluttered until Marty hangs up his microphone, is it my imagination or do the reds let Marty have a few series off now and then? I think its time for Marty to go and put someone beside the Cowboy and stand pat. Just my two cents worth.

I agree I am ready for Marty to retire. He does take a bunch of series off. He is only signing one year contracts now, so he is probably about done. He has said in the past, though, he doesn't want any fanfare when he retires and will let everyone know the day after his contract expires if he is retiring so there won't be any parties/gifts etc.

• 3 months later...

I just saw an article that said Danny Graves and Sam LeCure are going to be Grand Marshals for the Opening Day (not really) Parade in 2018. It also said that Graves and LeCure will contribute to coverage of the Reds this season on WLW. One article said they were both doing color commentary.

While it is WEAK SAUCE that's the best they can do for Grand Marshals, what experience or capabilities do either bring to the booth?

It's bad enough the team is gonna be turrrrrrible, now we gotta listen to on-the-job training announcers? C'mon man. What we even tryna do here, man?

I just saw an article that said Danny Graves and Sam LeCure are going to be Grand Marshals for the Opening Day (not really) Parade in 2018. It also said that Graves and LeCure will contribute to coverage of the Reds this season on WLW. One article said they were both doing color commentary.

While it is WEAK SAUCE that's the best they can do for Grand Marshals, what experience or capabilities do either bring to the booth?

It's bad enough the team is gonna be turrrrrrible, now we gotta listen to on-the-job training announcers? C'mon man. What we even tryna do here, man?

I don't know why they don't try Jeff Piecoro. He's been around for years, does a great job with pre-game and after game duties.